• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banners all types

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
Random thought to add.... many people who ask us for a banner - are not aware of the mesh material. They only ask, when they know they have a concern for wind resistance... and they ask about slits in the banner - which we do NOT do, or recommend. It just compromises the life and strength of the banner. So, it comes up rarely probably because the average "I need to order a banner, but I don't do this all the time" clientele - won't know about mesh, or... need mesh.

ETA: Or they read this forum, and know it can cause head strikes. jk, sorry, so many mesh banner threads come up today.
I had a guy this week order a 3x6 banner that was going up on the mast of a sailboat. That's actually the first time I agreed that windslits were needed. A mesh banner wouldn't have worked because it didn't have a backing and you wouldn't have been able to see it.

Superior_Adam

so you recommend double sided tape and not weld?
Weld would probably be stronger than tape. On mesh I recommend webbing to strengthen the hem so grommets dont rip out. I used to weld banners and have switched to stitching but tape wont strengthen a hem. Remember with mesh you are just missing a lot of material of standard banner material so you have to find a way to get the grommets to last longer.