• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banners Sewed?

Tagdog

I did a 2' x 8' banner and took it to a sewing contractor. He charged me 25.00 to sew and put in rivots. We are going to buy a rivot machine which will solve that, but what about the sewing? He said that if I started bringing him more I could get the price to about $15.00
What do most do? Do you sew inhouse? What is a good price to have a banner sewn? Lets say a 2' x 10' Banner. What do most you do?
Signs Up

TheSnowman

Rivets? You mean Grommets? Our local place charges $1 a running ft. And $.50 for each grommet. I sometimes put the grommets in myself, but just pass the buck on to the customer. Shouldn't be an issue for you.

jiarby

I bought a new Juki 1541 sewing machine ($3K+) and, of course, a grommet press.

We don't do much wholesale work, but now and then we sew banners for a couple local sign weenies...
We charge $.60/perimeter foot and
25¢ per grommet.

Your 2x8 would cost $14

Having all the stuff you need to do business is great: we can turn a rush job the same day if we need to. Pole pockets: No problem! Side Pockets: No problem! Mesh/Rope Reinforced HemL: No Problem! Velcro Hem: No Problem! You get the idea. When you have the tools then your finishing options become profit centers rather than expense drains.

zmatalucci

banners are temporary signage in my eyes, thus the trusty hem tape is my king! I have never had a banner returned due to failure, and I live on the coast. (knock on wood)

tmsigns

I have been buying banners pre-sewed for a couple of years from Fellers but a couple weeks ago I did the hem myself with double sided tape. It turned out fine. These are temporary banners used at baseball tournaments. The Fellers price was about $30 the cost of doing it myself, $10.

tmsigns

itzdeb

I used to buy banners sewn from Creative banner Assemblies; now I use tape on the ends of the bandana banners, but anyway you do it, I agree with the tape. If you sew at all, a good heavy duty machine can also be adjusted to sew pillows and curtains, maybe clothing if you need. Sewing machines are great to have around and that's right, you can have it immediately.

Capital Signs

That would have cost me 5 dollars and 60 cents at fellers. My cost is .35 cents a sq/foot. Talk to your representative in your area to get your sewing down. That is with unlimited grommets.

digitalgraffiti

Tape is the way to go for smaller temporary banners. I have used a local upholsterer when doing more long term banners like recent over street banners 30'x4.5'. Pricing for that banner was $45.00 with double stitiching and reinforced corners.