• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banners with frequently changed dates

mikeefly

We have a customer looking for multiple banners with options to change the dates regularly. Normally, we would just use cast vinyl, but the customer wants to change the dates regularly. Other than velcro on each one, are there other solutions available?

mim

0_o
Could you apply an adhesive magnetic strip to the area the dates will be changed? then you could supply him with 0-9 magnetic numbers to change out as needed, or whatever days of the week, months, etc.

mikeefly

Could you apply an adhesive magnetic strip to the area the dates will be changed? then you could supply him with 0-9 magnetic numbers to change out as needed, or whatever days of the week, months, etc.
I was thinking about trying magnets. I just wasn't sure about the longevity of the adhesive strips.

• Agree
Reactions: mim

BigNate

I am not sure of your customers needs, but sometimes making the quick and dirty banner just looks better than trying to have a changeable date field...

,,, I work for a school district. We have a lot of banners that change every year - banners that announce things like the start of enrollment. The direction our customers have chosen to go is withe the least expensive, un-hemmed banner that will stay up for a month or so.... we had designed the original to take vinyl stickers, but it looks a whole lot cleaner to just print a new banner with the new dates.

petepaz

we have a few customers we do this for. we do it for banners and coro signs.
we just make cover up decals and they get like 3-5 years out of them depending on how well they take care of them (some have gotten as much as 7-10yrs) but banners and coro signs are temporary so if they get 3 years out of one then come buy a new banner and you'll get another 3 years. it's a small expense so not going nuts trying to make a banner last forever

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
applying an adhesive vinyl like Spot On on top of the banner would be very easy. A drunk monkey can put these decals up with no wrinkles or bubbles....it is also removable...although you always want to check as sometimes adhesive on top of PVC can really become aggressive, but usually it doesn't.

Signstein

Just design your banner so that the changeable date field falls in a white (unprinted) area. Then just use 651 or Instachange as the others mentioned. If the vinyl doesn't come off cleanly - just wipe it off. Petepaz's method is quick and easy too - just create your banner so that you can "patch" over the old dates with new.

citysignshop

Signstein is right...this is largely a design issue. And why is it a banner, if it's up 'all the time'? Never taken down or rolled up? Sounds like perhaps the date area could be a rigid panel on 10mm coro or similar?

I make changeable date and address signs for my Estate Sale Client. What we use is standard 1/4: coroplast signs in 2 sizes. 18.5 x24" and 31" x 24" . I make Date and Address strips on Coated cover stock 23.2" wide And he tapes them on. They go up for a few days. (they last thru the rain) and then he strips off the address and dates and tapes on a new date, The tall sign is made with 2 holes top adn bottom and supports so they can be clamped onto poles. In our city it is sometime hard to find dirt into which you can plant wire stakes. For those bigger more vertical signs I make one strip with the date and one with the address. At one time we experimented with 10mil coroplast, (which is practically invulnerable), BUT there is a sign attrition factor. People get pissed that you put the sign there and throw it out, or he forgets where he put it and never retrieves it after the event. So after all was considered, this ended up being the most cost effective way to do it.