• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bar code cutting

MikeD

To anyone using Summa Bar Code cutting and Wasatch (or any other RIP.)
The bar-codes at the beginning of each layout I print via Wasatch have vertical and lines that but upto a horizontal line. The plotters generally have no problem reading them and cutting. However, the barcodes at the back of each layout have a gap between the vertical lines and the horizontal, and the plotters (S-75) are unable to read them 50% of the time.

Does everyone's bar codes at the end of the layout have this gap?

Attachments

• baRcode.jpg
    baRcode.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 156

FrankW

I haven't paid attention on this when processing barcode cutting with Onyx Postershop/Productionhouse or SAi Pixelblaster. But as far as I remember there should be no gap.

The problem is that the barcode definitions (standard postnet) do not need the line, but OPOS needs them to check the position and orientation of the barcode. So an unexpected distance between the reference line and the Barcode could generate your problems.