• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

barber shop pole

timandmikki

Got a customer that wants me to wrap two pipes with a barber shop pole print, so the pipes look like barber shop poles. Anyone know where I can find the print?:thankyou:

Replicator

you mean a wrap like this . . .

Attachments

• barber_stripes.jpg
    barber_stripes.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 96

weaselboogie

This is basic stuff...

You have to make sure your pole is the right circumference so your stripes line up on the seam.

OR you could just use white vinyl and wrap the entire pole. Cut blue and red stripes and wrap it around so you don't need to worry about your strips lining up.

But seriously.. you can't layout horizontal stripes?

high impact

you mean a wrap like this . . .

REP! You need to copyright that file and include it with Fred's seamless tiles before someone else does! Oh boy, this reminds me of a circle designing thread awhile back.

Seriously, write an estimate, receive a deposit and signature, layout some stripes, print/laminate, wrap those two poles and get paid. If you are unable to print in house then sub the printing out to anyone of the merchant members here.

timandmikki

I have a printer. I am just worried about the stripes lining up right. I think its a 8" pipe. I have not seen what he has excately.

Malkin

If printing, you will need an accurate measurement to build a file that will work.

I recommend wrapping a strip of paper around the pole, make a mark where the paper comes back around to itself, then unwrap & measure the distance. Also, build in a little overlap.