• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Barcode Send Failed

Goatshaver

Yesterday I was cutting sheets in OPOS Sheet mode and one sheet came out with the two last pieces not even cut, didn't attempt to cut them, next sheet it didn't attempt to cut 7 of the last pieces on the sheet. All the cuts were in the cut file.

Today I came in and this is the same job I'm continuing on and decided I'll just use the barcodes, Load it up start the server and set it to go it tried to read and says "Sending File Failed...." then disconnects.

I deleted all the cut files in the folder and resent the one I'm trying to cut. Started the barcode server and the same thing tried to read and then just disconnects.

I tried cutting one with just using OPOS, NO barcode server. Sent the file from Onyx Cut Server, it immediately started looking for the marks, found them and started cutting....then after it reached the end it started looking for a barcode when it's not even set for that, it's set to OPOS XY.

Something weird is going on and I'm not sure what it is, or whats causing it.

Last edited:

Goatshaver

What version of onyx do you have?

Something has changed, that's pretty clear.

Thrive Version 19

Only thing I can think of is that it could be a Windows update that caused it. I wouldn't know unless I rolled the update back, which I don't really want to do.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Hmm why do you use the barcode server? Thrive has it built in for summa. Not that it's going to solve this (or is it).
You need to go into the cutter settings and tap Enable roll server. That's all.
Make sure you haven't enabled paneling by accident... Should not be that easy tho.
There was clearly some distance limiting strange thing that made those beginning errors.
I've heard that if the cut is complicated enough there is a limit that the cutter can do and it won't do the job until the end. So were those jobs super complicated and long? Or jobs you have done before?

Anyways I bet on something between the cutter and PC or something in the file transport.

Goatshaver

Hmm why do you use the barcode server? Thrive has it built in for summa. Not that it's going to solve this (or is it).
You need to go into the cutter settings and tap Enable roll server. That's all.
Make sure you haven't enabled paneling by accident... Should not be that easy tho.
There was clearly some distance limiting strange thing that made those beginning errors.
I've heard that if the cut is complicated enough there is a limit that the cutter can do and it won't do the job until the end. So were those jobs super complicated and long? Or jobs you have done before?

Anyways I bet on something between the cutter and PC or something in the file transport.

Apparently when I had this installed they didn't tell me a couple of things, such as I didn't need to use the SummaCutter Control to run barcodes, and I never really looked into it as I never had any issues until a few days ago.

I did a update for the Onyx Cut Server, and had gone through and cleaned out any barcodes I sent to the Summa Cut folder, since I don't need that. I checked my network cable to make sure nothing had come loose and it was ok.

It wasn't complex. Just round cuts and only sixty 4" circles on a sheet. So far it hasn't happened again, not really sure what was happening just some gremlins in the machine I guess.

Last edited: