• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Barcodes and regular 'Cut' jobs

natallica

Graphics Guru
This is probably going to sound retarded, but I'm going for it regardless.
• Flexi 22 (Subscription)
• 2 Epson's (80600/80600L)
• Summa S2160 OPOSCAM/using Cutter Control (5.12.02)

I prefer sending my Print/Cut jobs at the same time to Production Manager with barcodes, and I like to have the port set on the Summa's setup to 'File:' so it holds in a folder. Then, with SCC's Barcode server enabled, I walk to cutter...press actions/press barcode...align under barcode...and away we go. Works fine (aside from long jobs not finishing the last 2 to 4 inches or so, I've given up on figuring that crap out)

Question is
: Am I still able to send a regular 'cut only' job to the cutter directly through 'Cut/Plot' button in Flexi without it sending a .plt to the same folder used for barcodes?
For Print and Cut, I dig this workflow, but for just loading some Matte Black and cutting some stripes or something it would be great if it just went right to the cutter using 'Send Now'.

Is this at all possible?
I thought about duplicating a Setup for the Summa using a different port and just selecting it for those kinds of cuts, but I'm not the only person that runs these machines, and adding extra steps, just to cut something, seems to be a PITA. And Flexi's barcode integration is kind of hidden and stupid.
It should just be a square barcode button in the top bar PM that's green when it's on and red when it's off, press the button and it fetches the job, instead of hiding it in a small pulldown arrow amidst a bunch of other functions.

Much appreciated! TIA

-N8

Snydo

Turn SCC off, and you should be able to "Send Now", if not right click the cutters tab in PM and make sure "Make Active" has a check next to it. If you can poll the media size in Cut/Plot you should be good to go for cutting.
You can run it over TCP/IP in PM as well since you CAM is not being used at all.

Last edited: