• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Baseball Theme Sign

piccadillysigns

Good Afternoon all,

Completed a new sign last week, 18LB HDU, 24" x 16". Uncovered my wood turning lathe for the bat, had it turned in about 30 seconds, my chisels cut through the HDU like butter, I was having so much fun it could have ended up as a tooth pick, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_5841.jpg
    IMG_5841.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_5816.jpg
    IMG_5816.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_5857.jpg
    IMG_5857.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 133
Just wondering what brand of HDU you use?
I just recievied some samples from Duna, I'm not expert, but it sure carved nice.

And yes.....great looking sign!

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

Last edited:
Awesome sign, as always. But it does remind me of a pet peeve of mine. The Tigers use the D on your sign on their hats, but use a totally different D on their jerseys. What's up with that? Drives me crazy.

/hijack

Attachments

• Detroit_Tigers_logo.png
    Detroit_Tigers_logo.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 135
  • DetroitTigersLogo2.jpg
    DetroitTigersLogo2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 125

piccadillysigns

Thanks

Hi, Darrel I use Coastal Enterprises 18lb mostly but also the 30lb for some of my detailed carvings.
Signcrafters London, Sorry I don't have an answer for you on the logo side, but I had to use the D my client had requested, (customers always right)..... Sometimes.

Have you ever tried the Duna product?
The Canadian dist is in Scarborough....lots closer to you than me.
The 15 lb is suppose to be like others 20+ lb

Fine Line Darrel :Canada 2:

piccadillysigns

Hi Darrel, No I have not tried the Duna Product yet, I have just arranged with one of my suppliers in town to stock Coastal's HDU for me, I did get a price for the Duna stock and it came in really close to Coastal's price, I like working with the precision board, and it is working for me.