• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Basement heating

MatthewTimothy

I know some of you run shops with digital printers in your basement but I was curious to know how you keep it heated. My wife and I bought space heaters for our basement but our electrical bill shot up 200 bucks more than normal so that may not be a sound idea. We have about a 40 x 25 ft basement... We are using four air purifiers which I know caused it but was just curious for ideas.

thanks

binki

we have a smaller space and it isnt a basement but it is a brick building and our gas heater does not work. We use a small 1500 watt electric heater about the size of a breadbox. With the doors closed it is pretty effective. At 1500 watts the cost is about 30cents and hour to run and the PRC has about the highest electric rates in the country.

OldPaint

electric will eat you alive. your basement, is it mostly underground, or just a couple feet or one wall? you dont say. also the heating system for the house, where is it, and what the source for the heat???? do you have access to NATURAL GAS? have you tried to make the basement so it dont lose heated air? to many variables. you cant really expect a full reply.

phototec

I have heard the slim, safe, silent, and stylish wall-mounted envi heater delivers up to 50% savings on your heating bills.

For your application it would require several heaters, one person used 4 for there basement and is happy with the results and saving about 40% on heating over there previous conventional electric space heaters.

You might look into these: http://www.eheat.com/

http://www.eheat.com/pages/Watch-Envi-Video-Promo.html

Also, there are having a sale thru midnight on Feb 20th, 15% OFF AND free SHIPPING.

And the best part, they are Made In th USA!

:wavingflag: