• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Basic Flexi 8.5 and Printer question...

imagep

that I should already know, but just dont.

Do the values (settings) that I use in PM override the settings manually set on the printer? Is there any reason for me to fiddle with the settings on the printer keypad (like media type)? In other words, if I select a media type in Flexi/PM that is contrary to the media type selected on the keypad of the printer, will the printer use the values on the printer or will it use the values sent by Flexi?

And, while experimenting with window cling (mentioned in another post), I found that I could manually enter an "overwrite" value of "2" on the printer to make it print the same image twice - to make the print more opaque. Does Flexi or PM have the capability to change that setting? And is that feature different than the "passes" feature in PM which always seems to be preset at "8" (and unchangeable)?

cgsigns_jamie

I know with my printer whatever I have set in PM is sent to the printer. So instead of fiddling with the buttons on the printer I make all my adjustments in PM.

Also I believe Flexi labels the "2 Pass" as Overprint. I don't have PM at home so I can't double check that but I do know the feature is in there.