• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Basketball Court

timjf

Hello everyone,

I have a customer that has tasked us to make graphics for a basketball tournament. The graphics need to be on the court but need to be removed after the tournament. Because of that we can't lacquer over them. The graphic size is 4x8 feet.

What kind of vinyl and floor lamination should we use?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure there is something out there, that someone will claim to work, but if they are gonna plays games on this stuff..... I believe you're going about it wrong. Let one kid or player trip over an edge or slip and the liability could be tremendous, not to mention, they won't be capable of finishing a game. You might wanna look into an easily removable paint. :wink:

fresh

I don't think there is any acceptable solution for your client. Please let us know if you find anything that fits the bill.

MikePro

just ask your sign supply sales rep. what you can get in a pinch:
its just vinyl (either printed or stock color, doesn't matter) & "floor wrap" laminate (for anti-slip).

ova

We've been laying down a 4' x 8' rectangle for a marketing company for the last seven years. One on each end of the court, oppisite sides about five ft. from the center line and two ft. from the base line. This is a place on the court that gets less traffic.

They have girls tourney one weekend and boys the other. After the girl's tourney, they remove the decals because the sponsor does not support the college where the tourney is held .

The Marketing Company supplys the vinyl. It is 3M control tac and not laminated. You can see skid marks that smears the ink somtimes. It does worry me about what could happen, but so far so good.

We clean the floor with Windex, then wipe it again twice with alcohol. When we remove the vinyl, it has always come up with no residue left behind.

Dave