• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bass Boat Wrap vinyl??

splizaat

Hey guys, have a customer coming to me for a WRAP on a boat...full coverage on the bottom part/back part of the boat...It's a 28ft aluminum finished bass boat and I'm curious what vinyl you would recommend for this? Will require laminating as well.

Will be printing with a roland XC-540

Would prefer Arlon or Oracal. Let the suggestions begin!

-Matt

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I sugest 3M180C with matching lam. Oracal 3951RA if your set on one of your two choices. If this is your first boat wrap be ready to screw it up at least once, there are some really good topics on this subject in the search field that will become very useful. Good luck and please take pictures for us!

4R Graphics

Most of the wrap materials will be fine so choose the one you prefer. The big thing with boats is the water line. You need to seal it well if you dont and water gets under it the wrap will come off quick. I usually try to stay up just a little from the waterline and use some laminate to seal the edges with (we do this to all of our perf also). You can buy small pre cut rolls of Lam for this (we buy 30" rolls and cut them down ourselves). Oh and make sure you wipe that thing down GOOD for wax, oil, etc..

Good luck

splizaat

we were thinking of wrapping the ENTIRE BOAT bottom..not just to the water line -- is this a complete no-no??

4R Graphics

No it has been done the only real problem is that the skids or rollers that the boat sits on when on the trailer will scratch it and eventually put a hole in it then the water can get in. I have seen a lot of boats wrapped that go under the water but they usually stop part way down the V of the hull (Basically right before the skids/ rollers for the above stated reason. You really need to seal it well if its going under water.

klemgraphics

I have used oracal 3951 non ra and it worked really well. It's more aggressive and more of a pain to deal with when installing but it will last and it doesn't have the channels to let any water in. Most boats will look funny if you stay above the water line in my opinion. Have fun with it as they are tricky.