• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bass Pro Shops lawsuit with local business story..

The two logos have no similarities whatsoever, but a jumping bass. If Bass Pro wins this court case, I will be shocked. I really don't see how they could even stand a chance in court, all things considered.

ProWraps

bass pro shops will win. its a simple matter of money.

the other guy will win too as they will settle out of court for an unnamed amount, and he will just get another logo.

case closed.

Pat Whatley

Yeah, I'd say Bass Pro Shops is tossing it's weight around there.....and it's considerable weight. They can lean on a little mom & pop shop long enough to put them under if they want to. Drag is out in court for a couple of years, get an injunction to stop them from selling anything until the dispute is settled, drive them to bankruptcy, then just drop the case so they don't have to actually fight it out.

Don't be surprised if BPS quietly buys them out and starts selling redesigned "Simple Life" shirts on its own.

HulkSmash

kind of pathetic for them to do that.. logo looks nothing alike. but this is getting the guy press, and may blow his business up, who knows

rjssigns

I've never set foot in a Bass Pro Shop before. After seeing this I will continue that trend.

Amusing how the spokesperson for BPS said consumers would get easily confused.
It doesn't say much for their clientele now does it? In essence he slammed the very people that keep the "doors swingin".

WildWestDesigns

I've never set foot in a Bass Pro Shop before. After seeing this I will continue that trend.

Amusing how the spokesperson for BPS said consumers would get easily confused.
It doesn't say much for their clientele now does it? In essence he slammed the very people that keep the "doors swingin".

After we had the massive record breaking flood in May of 2010, they reopened at the mall, but they didn't last long. Biggest reason that I saw (at least for me) was that the closed off direct access to the rest of the mall. I used that store as an entrance and exit, in case there was something that I wanted to get. It was always crowded in there and they lasted for a long time before the flood, so I imagine that was the same case for a lot of people. Another flaw in their estimation of the clientele that they serve.

binki

Basstards. His best defense is to get as much public exposure as possible and take the fight to the county supervisors meeting for the hearing to approve the project. It would also help if he brough out a lot of support with him.

Billct2

He has it Trademarked, that should settle the argument. But of course they have deep pockets and he doesn't. If you watched the video a lot of local businesses aren't happy that the government is doing millions of dollars of upgrades to the road system to accomodate Bass Pro, asking why should their own tax dollars be used to put them out of business.

signage

This case should never escalate to court, being he has it trademarked. This just shows you how our court system works! This is why small business are fading away!

Allied Digital

BassProShop should be suing the trademark division who approved Outfitters logo - not Outfitters! My vote is that the little guy will win - then he should counter-sue for financial loss! (if there is such a thing...)

401Graphics

I was just on bass pro shops facebook page, and from what i've been reading the owner of bass pro shops personally went to the small shop and told them they are withdrawing the lawsuit. Looks like they realized they pissed off a ton of people nation wide and decided to back off.

royster13

Bass Pro gets tax money because it says it creates jobs.....That is such a bogus argument....All the big box stores use the same argument.....But unless they are making thing domestically all they do is displace retail jobs and sell more imported goods....There is no "net" gain in jobs....