• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bass Pro Shops lawsuit with local business story..

skyhigh

This case should never escalate to court, being he has it trademarked. This just shows you how our court system works! This is why small business are fading away!
It shouldn't, but it can. Simply because its been trademarked, doesn't mean that bass pro can't appeal and overturn that decision.

I was just on bass pro shops facebook page, and from what i've been reading the owner of bass pro shops personally went to the small shop and told them they are withdrawing the lawsuit. Looks like they realized they pissed off a ton of people nation wide and decided to back off.

Interesting....
Before I read this, I was going to suggest that we, as a group of professionals in this field, offer our collective opinion that Bass Pro is wrong. Surely we could swing some weight.

Although the logo's are entirely different, from what I can see, you could overlay the one bass over the other and not see much difference. Coincidence?

EDIT: After getting a better look at the logo's, I was wrong. The bass are NOT similar. The first news video didn't show very good pictures.

I do like the stencil cut logo/plaque he has on his wall.

CES020

Bass Pro gets tax money because it says it creates jobs.....That is such a bogus argument....All the big box stores use the same argument.....But unless they are making thing domestically all they do is displace retail jobs and sell more imported goods....There is no "net" gain in jobs....

That's not correct, they get breaks because they sell retail items. Those retail items are taxed by each state. So it's revenue to the state.

They put one up around here. I think I heard that they sold over $1,000,000 a day during the holidays. That's a lot of sales tax revenue going into the local government account.

NSchlee

Part of keeping the rights to a trademarked logo is defending it against similar logo's, if you don't make this effort you can loose the trademark completely. This is the reason you see these types of legal action. Keeps the lawyers busy.

Neal

C

ColoPrinthead

Bass Pro really should just shut the hell up and start working on getting a good logo and branding.

MikePro

edited: whoops, looks like its been resolved. personal apology from the owner and all...
I still like my post, even tho' its to an "old thread":

ummmm technically BPS is one Bass in a yellow OVAL, with text inside of it.
TSL is a green CIRCLE, a Snook, Bass, and Redfish , and with text OUTSIDE of it.
attachment.php

lawyers at Bass Pro Shops, sit on it and spin.

if anything, these ladies might have a case:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 9.23.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 9.23.16 AM.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 9.22.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-17 at 9.22.48 AM.png
    573.7 KB · Views: 93