• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bathrooms.........................??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I tried searching for this, but really didn’t know where to look. I’m gonna call on two of my favorite media guys after reviewing this thread…. according to the answers I get.

My wife wants to re-do one of our bathrooms. We wallpapered it about 25 years ago and now she wants to change the color and whole look of the bathroom. We’re getting a new toilet, new sink and she wants some guy to come in and actually re-paint the tub/shower. It comes with a 10-year guarantee and we’ve seen his work….. and it’s nice. We don’t want to wallpaper again, but she wants something on the walls. I told her I would check with the committee and see what’s available that I could print onto and put up on the walls and won’t come off due to bathroom conditions. You know like excessive humidity or wet hands~touching and other incidentals. We have no kids around anymore and the room actually is our main bathroom, but seldom gets used. It’s more of our guest bathroom, so it doesn’t get heavy traffic.
Any ideas ??
Then I’m trying to talk her into the Battle of 1588. I think it would be a great conversation piece……….. 1599.jpg

Anyway, better than seashells or starfish floating around…………. bathroom fishies.jpg

:thankyou: Gino

HulkSmash

I tried searching for this, but really didn’t know where to look. I’m gonna call on two of my favorite media guys after reviewing this thread…. according to the answers I get.

My wife wants to re-do one of our bathrooms. We wallpapered it about 25 years ago and now she wants to change the color and whole look of the bathroom. We’re getting a new toilet, new sink and she wants some guy to come in and actually re-paint the tub/shower. It comes with a 10-year guarantee and we’ve seen his work….. and it’s nice. We don’t want to wallpaper again, but she wants something on the walls. I told her I would check with the committee and see what’s available that I could print onto and put up on the walls and won’t come off due to bathroom conditions. You know like excessive humidity or wet hands~touching and other incidentals. We have no kids around anymore and the room actually is our main bathroom, but seldom gets used. It’s more of our guest bathroom, so it doesn’t get heavy traffic.
Any ideas ??
Then I’m trying to talk her into the Battle of 1588. I think it would be a great conversation piece……….. View attachment 78985

Anyway, better than seashells or starfish floating around…………. View attachment 78984

:thankyou: Gino

Why not this Gino - :)
attachment.php

In all seriousness, it all depends on what's behind the wallpaper when you remove it. IS it center block, Drywall, or something else?

Attachments

• 2drzir_crazy_funny_amazing_cool_weird_7035.jpg
    2drzir_crazy_funny_amazing_cool_weird_7035.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 99

rjssigns

Call RE-BATH for the tub/shower deal. We do all the trucks, POP etc.. for the one in town. They do super work. The neighbors used them so I got to see the quality firsthand. When we re-do the bathroom they are getting the call. They are a franchise deal so you should have one near you.

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
I vote for 1588.

Who are we both kidding?
Just find out want she wants and get it done.

Men are "what we do" and women are "the nests they make".

So our input is not only unnecessary, it can be detrimental to our health!
As in, no soup for you! (At the very least!)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys...... it's not the scene I'm worried about, that part was kinda... well just joking around.... like Red said..... it's gonna be her decision. My job is to find the right material.

I'm interested in what vinyl wallpaper I can print on which will hold up to bathroom conditions.

The walls are all sheet-rock. Real sheet rock, not drywall. After removing the wall paper there is a thin coat of some kind of clear primer. It's very smooth and sealed very well.

Matt-Tastic

There are a bunch of printable wallpapers out there (ultraflex makes some nice ones), that go up just like pasted wallpaper. They should give you the same wall performance as a store bought product. If you want to protect the print as well, roll on a matte clear liquid laminate. there should be a product specifically for your needs.

SignManiac

I redid both of my bathrooms and went with really nice tile, floor to ceiling. Gutted down to the studs. Never needs anything done to it again.

Attachments

• bathroom.jpg
    bathroom.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 77

Border

I wrapped my vanity top with a coral theme/photo. Hey, don't forget to make a nice, pleasant sign for your guest bathroom too!

-IJ180cv3/8518

Attachments

• s101-2.jpg
    s101-2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 88
  • s101.jpg
    s101.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 73

SignosaurusRex

My first thought Gino.....Why not use your skills as a Fine Artist and paint the walls with something of your creation or at least something the Goddess likes? I think that would be the ticket. Why?....because you can!

Marlene

why not just paint the walls a nice color and not have some kiond of wall paper to deal with? are you looking for the texture or paper to cover up uneven walls? if not, no paper is better as you can change out the color more often. if you really want a paper you can print on Gregory sells a bunch printable wall papers that might be what you need

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My first thought Gino.....Why not use your skills as a Fine Artist and paint the walls with something of your creation or at least something the Goddess likes? I think that would be the ticket. Why?....because you can!

That was her first thought, too. She said, we can paint the walls and we can put a mural on that one and some faux effects on that one and do a scene on that wall and then we can............. whoa there Nellie............... who's this frickin' 'WE' ?? You gotta mouse or sumptin' in your pocket ??

Do you know how long that would take..... and with my schedule, the bathroom would be out of service for quite some time, while all my sh!t both figuratively and literally are in there.........

Nope, after all these years, I know her tolerance to get a job completed around the house. I can operate around just about anybody and anyone, but not her. :Oops: I mean, it's best if I make a wall paper vinyl and stick it up over the weekend. I'm just gathering information for the best vinyl for the job.

Marlene.... we like wallpaper in our house. It tends to give a cozier and warmer feel to a home than just painted walls with stoopid pictures hanging all over the place. However, we wallpapered our whole house over a two year period 25 years ago. We even wallpapered the ceilings in many of the rooms. That's a really neat look. Anyway, at our age, we're not into scraping the walls, prepping them and all that other happy horsesh!t stuff to get ready for....... papering. Our arms, necks and backs aren't what they used to be and our tolerance of working together in close quarters when things go terribly wrong has reached some new heights in out golden years. We just re-did the kitchen and it was quite 'real'.

We also re-did her one studio wall in the basement and while she likes it, I don't. We have a 30' mural on one wall with 40' of mirrors along another. I'm now in the process of figuring out what to put on the opposite 40' wall.

I'm going through countless dance scenes and trying to put together a rather serious looking dance sequence.
Carol teaches Ballroom and Latin dancing, so she wants the studio to look danceableicious. We still go out to the Latin clubs dancing and to some Ballroom dances, but as we get older, we're enjoying our home more and want the walls to be more than just painted color schemes. We both want thought put into this.

We were at a friend's house a few weeks ago, whose business is interior and exterior house painting. His house was so uglie it wasn't funny. He bragged about this and that and I'm thinking, how many tints or shades of white and off white are there ?? Then, how many family photos is possible on a 7' x 9' wall ?? :Oops:.... looks like about 87 pictures on that wall alone. Then you go up the stairs and there are the same four people in different clothes in 54 more poses. Not my cup-a-tea.

SD&F

I would ask your lovely wife what theme she wants before you waste too much time.
Ocean, lighthouse, etc..... You may get it all together and have her decide she already set her mind to something else.

jbogart

We've used several of the textured printable wall covering materials from KoroGraphics and they are pretty sweet. They print like banner material and apply with standard wallpaper adhesive.

Last edited:

TammieH

Why not do some graphics with a bunch of people pointing in the direction of the toilet and laughing?

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
My wife wanted the minimalist poster look with very minimalized features of full wall graphics .. so with an 'ocean' theme I had her find me a solid stock photo of a squid to make a nice white silhouette on an aqua blue wall ... just used a good 10 year white.

Also made eight 8"x10" paintings on canvas in the same theme (lime green and white though) to go on the opposite wall.

As soon as I finish the trim on the base boards (replacing it ... previous owner had cats that tore it to ****.), I will take a photo of what it looks like.

Just remember, sometimes less is more ... especially with Interior Design.

Also I should note, she also found a shower curtain that has a giant simplified shark on it (looking like a shark is attacking you in the shower) ... kind of cool.

Last edited: