• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Battery replace error

Tar35

We have a cvj30-160. It had been working perfect. We got a battery replacement signal. We replaced the battery and it worked fine for a few weeks. We got the error again yesterday and now it won't work.

We tried another battery and the same error. Mimaki says it could be the main board and they would be happy to fix it for $3,000.

Any had this problem? Any thoughts? We can't afford to be shut down for a any length of time.

TIA!

DreamPrinter

Hi! did you find a solution for this problem? I have the same problem right now, i already change the battery but it still displaying the same message "Replace Battery" Any help i will appreciate!

Devo

battery replace

Hi ... I have the same message coming up on mine this morning (CJV30-160 BS ) ... "Battery Replace" and I definitely can't afford a technician to come look at it. I have been quoted $3,000 just for them to turn up, plus any parts required, because of where I live :)

I believe the battery is on the main board (?)

Any help would be much appreciated thanks !

How did you resolve this issue ?

JDcolor

Agree with Brent.

I just got the same problem last month, have to send board to a technician for repair, cost is only $500.
Mimaki guys offer is crazy too, maybe they prefer we buy a new mainboard to repair it, so the repir cost is so high.

Jack

Devo

Mine's Fixed Now, AWESOME

Hi,

What a day !!!

Thanks to Phil at AGS in Brisbane, he sent me a "how to" on replacing the battery on the mainboard as I didn't even know where the mainboard was located for starters ! I do now and if you are wondering it's at the back of the machine. left hand side with about 8 screws. Just underneath the washing cartridge.

Took the plug out of the wall after turning off the green and the white switches, battery was easy to locate, prised it out gently with a small flat screwdriver and put it back in after a minute. Apparently this will reset the battery if it's all just got itself confused for whatever reason.

Put the power back on and it still beeped at me so I took the battery out and replaced it with a new one, one of those CR2032 3v thingies from any battery shop ... cost 5 bux and an hour long trip to town but it's all fixed now with that part of it :)

Spent the rest of the day doing nozzle washes and head cleans coz after 3 years I think I may need a new capping station, pump, wiper etc etc BUT I ended up cleaning enough of the gunk from the head to get out some urgent prints so it was a helluva day with great results after all.

Whilst I've had this machine from new 3 years ago, it's still on it's second set of cartridges so that'll tell ya how much I don't use it !

Organising a techie to come up as we speak to replace said parts so I can rest easy knowing it's done properly ! After a few years of mucking around with a JV2, this "new" one is a delight

Kind Regards

Devo