Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Be kind to this Canadian...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TedNes, Jun 20, 2011.

1. TedNes

TedNes New Member

Jun 20, 2011
    ....some of you know me, I'm sure, and I'm not really hiding my identity with my user name....a little background on me;

I started in the glorious Sign and Graphics biz back in 1993......small shop, doing lots of vehicle graphics (Gerber EDGE was the thing!), and doing tons of tradeshow pop-up graphics and displays....

Learned to run Gerber equipment, including an AR600 and Gerber Sabre 408 routers the head way----by throwing stuff out and starting over!.....after working production for 7+ years, I was tired of the "gotta work Thurs and Fri night" thing due to clients and agencies not getting you the promised files/SyQuest (remember those?) etc etc on time on Tues, but Thurs noon instead....we were doing some pretty high-end stuff for MLB, the NHL, General Motors, and that shop still does some NHL work....

I jumped ship in 2000 and went to our major supplier, whom I'm still with 11 years later...

I have EDGE, Solvent Inkjet and UV-flatbed experience aplenty.....I also have a great background on cutting, be it on a router, or a flatbed cutter like a Zund/Kongsberg/etc....

Yes, I sell materials and equipment, but try to stay as objective as possible, helping out where I can.....there are lots of good solutions out there that my company doesn't sell, and plenty that my company does sell....

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from Pennsylvania......................

3. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    a warm welcome from sunny california
    -gg

4. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    welcome from cali, USA :thumb:

5. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    Welcome from Denver. You should consider becoming a merchant member, always see the Canadians looking for more supply options.

6. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

Oct 10, 2005
    Lawton, OK, USA
    Welcome from OK Ted. I still have distributor openings in that neck of the woods.

7. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    howzit Ted!

hey don't you still owe me a beer?
    oh wait... did I owe you a beer?

whatever... it's a new decade...
    we should still have a beer sometime [​IMG]

8. BobM

BobM Very Active Member

May 31, 2008
    Cape Cod
    Welcome from Cape of Cod, "Ah".

9. PHILJOHNSON

PHILJOHNSON Sales Manager

Jul 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Welcome

Hello and a warm welcome from Seattle, WA!