Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bear in or on the truck? (Both I guess)

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by kirkbedtelyon, Feb 2, 2011.

1. kirkbedtelyon

kirkbedtelyon Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Gaylord, MI
    Designed and installed this ad for Jim's Body Shop. Designed in CorelDraw X5. Printed on Mutoh ValueJet.

Always nice to do something a little different.

Wish I would have slanted the old truck to show the weight of the bear....Oh well. lol

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. FS-Keith

FS-Keith Active Member

Dec 4, 2010
    pennsylvania
    wow thats badass

3. Pinfinity

Pinfinity Active Member

Apr 8, 2010
    NJ
    WOW! can't miss that ad! I believe it's going to create a lot of work for the body shop. Definitely a head turner. The bear is killer...and the pick up sits over the rear tire of that bus perfectly. Which model Mutoh are u using and do you like it? What do you think of Mutoh printers? Nice job Kirk!

4. megacab

megacab Member

Sep 12, 2010
    very cool.:thumb:

5. 1leonchen

1leonchen Member

Feb 12, 2009
    The carribbean
    sweet!!!!!!!!!!

6. shakey0818

shakey0818 Active Member

Aug 12, 2010
    I think a better approach would be to make the truck smaller so u could fit the whole truck on there and make the bear more proportionate.i thinks it still looks great and a great design.

7. James Burke

James Burke Being a grandpa is more fun than working

Jan 2, 2010
    Mitten State
    Sweet! I used to live in Mt. Pleasant, and worked in Farwell. I miss Clare...and Jay's.

JB

8. Sign Up Graphics

Jan 8, 2007

Nice, I like it. :thumb:

9. kirkbedtelyon

kirkbedtelyon Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Gaylord, MI
    Thanks everyone. We're working on a new one for the same customer that will make the bus look like a flatbed wrecker. If all goes well the driver of the bus should look like she's driving the wrecker lol. (It's going on the Mt. Pleasant Transit by the way James)

10. kirkbedtelyon

kirkbedtelyon Member

Nov 28, 2005
    Gaylord, MI

I have a Mutoh VJ 1204, the 48" model. I like it alot but I wish I would have purchased the 54". I'm planning on purchasing the 1614 this fall.

11. ForgeInc

ForgeInc Active Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Portland, Or
    Hmmm...just wondering what a bear has to do with spray on Bed Liners or Auto Body work?

Just sayin...

12. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    bears, like tuffbed, are tough :thumb:

13. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

The bear part of the message is clear to me. I see it as: If the truck bed can withstand a giant wild animal with huge claws, it should be able to handle your 2x4s.

I like the whole thing but the lettering on the truck door. It just kind of looks slapped on. I would be nice if it had an old fashioned hand painted look. That style would go well with that type of truck. Then photoshop it a bit so it looks like it's actually a part of the truck.

14. Red Earth

Red Earth New Member

May 23, 2007
    Outstanding work!

I regret buying a building that doesn't have a large roll up door! Having such a large canvas to work with has got to be fun!

PJ