• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

beef jerkey

shakey0818

I have been trying to cook beef jerky in my oven and its comming out good but all i can find is recipes that use alot of Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce and there a little salty.does anyone have a good recipe for beef jerky?If so ty.

SignosaurusRex

Believe it or not........straight "Yoshida's Gourmet Teriyaki Marinade" makes for a great oven jerky recipe. You can tweak for preferred taste.........black pepper....garlic....red chili sauce.....smoke flavoring......

Pat Whatley

Forget the liquid marinades and start using dry rubs. The taste is better and it's a lot easier to control the amount of flavor you cover the meat with. Most grocery stores carry a bunch of different premade rubs (keeps you from buying a bunch of spices you may or may not ever use again)

Here's a basic rub:
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)

and this recipe from Chow is an awesome change of pace.
http://www.chow.com/recipes/13448-thai-beef-jerky?tag=search_results;results_list

Pat Whatley

No recipe for this but boy it sure is good, jerky that tastes like boiled crawfish

Take an Old Bay seafood seasoning bag, put it in a pot of water, bring it to a boil, let it cool and marinate your beef in it. Works great for chicken on the grill, too.

petesign

I... hate... you... guys.... LMAO.

Man I love me some beef jerky. Now I am going to have to try making some!

AUTO-FX

Here's what i used to do-
take your beef and freeze it partially to make for easy slicing.
lay it all out and lightly salt and pepper both sides. if you like it spicy , use cayenne powder too.
take a pouch of Adolphs Mesquite Meat Marinade and mix it with 1/2 cup of water
add liberal mount of liquid smoke
soak overnight, then cook on lowest heat you can make. ( i like to use a dehydrator)

works good with venison as well

shakey0818

lol pete same happened to me and i'v been making a batch every day for 6 days now,cant wait to get my electric bill,lol.Im gonna get a smoker next year.I dont see the point of getting a dehydrator just for jerky but i like it so much i might just get 1.Thanks 4 all the recipes guys.

shakey0818

Good point pat.My elecrtic meter is spinning like a nascar tire at the daytona 500.5-tvs,3 computers and a bunch of other stuff allready going 24-7.Ill def get 1 on black friday.Any recomendations?Not sure to go with stainless 6 rack or plactic 6 rack.

Sticky Signs

Shakey, invest the money in a smoker. there's lots of choices to suit any budget. I personally have a Bradley Digital Smoker. It cost me about 500$ but it was worth every penny. It's super easy to use and next to impossible to really screw anything up. Plus, they have a great forum with people that are willing to help (rather than bash) newbies. I can't believe some of the stuff that comes out of that thing. I currently hold the title for "best chicken wings" among my friends. Not to mention, wicked ribs, brisket, salmon etc etc etc.... Seriously, buy a smoker and you'll never want to cook with anything else. Now if I could just find the time to use it...

shakey0818

Great thanks sticky i will def get 1 in the spring.I'm kinda in the middle of desigining a computer and enentertainment center and re-doing my comp room.I will include a smoker when i design my outdoor kitchen for one of my spring time projects.

SignManiac

I get fried chicken gizzard cravings with hot sauce. I can be working and think about them. I'll get up and drive ten miles hunting them down. Yea, I'm weird like that.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Jerky? Why would anyone want to take something at least marginally edible and render it inedible?

There's little difference between the taste of jerky and the taste of the package in which it comes. Jerky is a low-tech way to preserve protein, not a method for creating a delicacy. Gak.

petesign

Plus, they have a great forum with people that are willing to help (rather than bash) newbies. I can't believe some of the stuff that comes out of that thing. I currently hold the title for "best chicken wings" among my friends.
I am going to go over there now and post something to the effect..
"I'm looking to get into the beef jerky business, I have been eating so much jerky while wrapping my race car and..."