• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beer Label Design

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I saw it as a hop straight off the bat and I think that anyone who has any interest in craft beer would as well.

I did too...however, I've never thought of a Stout as hoppy....mostly IPA's are hoppy. But what do I know.

DerbyCitySignGuy

If it doesn't have hops, it's not beer. It becomes something else, like malt liquor or mead. Even stouts and lambics and other styles that don't taste as hoppy contain hops. [Before anyone jumps my case, beer without hops does exist, it's just not called beer. It's called gruit.]

As to the design, I also saw hops immediately. I do have to agree though, that even though there are some really hoppy stouts (Victory Storm King, dang!), in general the first thing I think when I hear stout isn't hops. The design definitely has more mass appeal than a lot of other stout labels, that's for sure (it's not as dark and brooding as most stout labels).

decalman

I'm a former boozer. I been on the clothes line for 7 years.
I'd say overall the bottle looks good. Drunks aren't going to criteak the label.

I love the veggies on the ball. I'm a vegan.

niksagkram

I'm a former boozer. I been on the clothes line for 7 years.
I'd say overall the bottle looks good. Drunks aren't going to criteak the label.

I love the veggies on the ball. I'm a vegan.

Not all people who drink beer, or critique logos on a sign forum are drunks! Poor choice of words.

Mark