• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Before & After

Billct2

Hate tenant signs, never big enough to be legible. But do like before & afters.
New sign is two layers of red alumalite bonded together, Gemini letters for header panel, 6"x6" PT with post covers.

Attachments

• 1A.jpg
    1A.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 222

Marlene

like that you made the tenant panels the same font so it reads like a list instead of each sign with its own look fighting with each otehr for attention. looks great. nice before and after!

nikdoobs

Hate tenant signs, never big enough to be legible. But do like before & afters.
New sign is two layers of red alumalite bonded together, Gemini letters for header panel, 6"x6" PT with post covers.

Big improvement. Still way too much text on most panels but I know that's not your decision. The shopping center owner should make the tenants use one size text with no phone number or any of that other BS that you cant read.

Pat Whatley

The problem with tenant signs is they all start off nice and balanced and similar. Then a tenant moves out and the new tenant gets a different shop to replace their panel and it gets done a little differently. Then another moves out and gets a shop to do it but adds their phone number. Then another new tenant wants their logo. Next thing you know you've got a hodge podge mess of a sign.....and another complete redo by a sign shop!

visual800

you made an improvement but these signs will always suck. there is absolutely no sense in listing every business on a sign within a centre, if you will. You cant read it and it is confusing. If they would make a sign that empasizes the title of the centre and play off that, I think that would suffice

Billct2

VHB and Lord Adhesive. The panels are 6', too wobbly for a single layer. And we run a bead of black chaulk on the edges that are seen.
This method has survived a direct hit by a car that busted the whole sign apart but the panels didn't delaminate at all.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
you made an improvement but these signs will always suck. there is absolutely no sense in listing every business on a sign within a centre, if you will. You cant read it and it is confusing. If they would make a sign that empasizes the title of the centre and play off that, I think that would suffice

I'm not in total agreement with this, but I think when the phone numbers, short description and hours are on it.... it then becomes a little too much. However, it that's what they wanted, then so be it.

We always tell them..... it's a sign to tell people 'You're Here'. It's not an advertisement.

On the pylon signs, directionals and the store front themselves..... uniformity, colors and size really does have an over-all effect on legibility in the general scheme of things.

SignManiac

Much improved, but what Pat said is the truth. The property manager must insist on all replacement signs matching the original standard. I'm in the process of re-designing a similar tenant directory that is facing the same problems. The old sign is hideous.