• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Before & after

Craig Sjoquist

Well here is a a before at least 30 years old they were not sure if it was done in the 60s when they open this branch but the treated wood was well rotted mostly pulled off.

Then the more up to date closer to branded logo after pictures.
I did try to sell a less crowded advertisement & with other brands closer to ground or even this sign closer to ground so ya work with what ya got & make it work.

Attachments

• 8 21 12 013.JPG
    8 21 12 013.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 8 21 12 013-001.JPG
    8 21 12 013-001.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 125
  • 8 21 12 008.JPG
    8 21 12 008.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 137

Craig Sjoquist

Thank you and yes all hand drawn & lettered with both latex & enamel, the material bought at N Glantz ( alum white front side with solid fill core alum back non white ) about 4mm thick and was priced better then MDO here it is.

N Glantz is a great wholesaler I'm a small buyer and they treat me like a king & do what they can to help, I was buying MDO when after purchased asking about he price of Alumcore they showed me this. WOW thank you & my customer was highly impressed & so was I.

Attachments

• 8 21 12 001.JPG
    8 21 12 001.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 137

OlsonSigns601

Thank you and yes all hand drawn & lettered with both latex & enamel, the material bought at N Glantz ( alum white front side with solid fill core alum back non white ) about 4mm thick and was priced better then MDO here it is.

N Glantz is a great wholesaler I'm a small buyer and they treat me like a king & do what they can to help, I was buying MDO when after purchased asking about he price of Alumcore they showed me this. WOW thank you & my customer was highly impressed & so was I.

I think their de bond is something new. Weve been ordering it for about a month instead of the nudo brand. Hope it holds up just as good as its a lot better on the pocketbook.

Our rep from nglantz treats us great too. For a small company they treat us like number 1.

J

john1

I think their de bond is something new. Weve been ordering it for about a month instead of the nudo brand. Hope it holds up just as good as its a lot better on the pocketbook.

Our rep from nglantz treats us great too. For a small company they treat us like number 1.

Looks like a form of polymetal which is pretty much the same as dibond just half the price made by nudo.

This stuff holds up pretty good, Was buying MDO then started using dibond and then recently found out polymetal or maxmetal as grimco calls it is the same product just half the cost.

I did some signs the other day in it and compared it side by side to a piece of scrap dibond and you can not tell the difference other than the dibond is more of a matte finish.

Jillbeans

Craig, that looks awesome.
And next time, ask your Glantz if they sell yellow polymetal....mine does.
Love.....Jill

Craig Sjoquist

Thank you
Not sure about the colors sold at N Glantz but customer supplied the Beher yellow to match other trim & doors on building also used in latex was red & black used on small logos plus border. The rest was enamel black letters, white, gold. this took about 8 hrs including sales, pick up materials 6 hrs lettering & mount.
Thank you again folks

skyhigh

Nice Job Craig!!!!! You need to post a youtube video lettering a sign.

Next time, I think you can cut down on the fasteners......of course you guys do get the hurricanes down there. :Big Laugh

Now get back up there and touch up the black ones. It appears you did the yellow?

Craig Sjoquist

Thank you

The every foot fastener is a must for me ..A light weight board + 200 mph winds + flexible building as tin + self tapping screws & washer of metal & rubber=... it will hold.

I tried to paint the black screws but owner said NO, saying ya will not see them & can get them when I clear coat. ( was glad I at least got the yellow ones )
Hopefully when I paint the building and do some metal repairs at the base for them.

Yes hopefully will get a video camera would like to do a few videos.