Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Before and After Smack Down...

Discussion in 'Designs & Layouts' started by SignManiac, Aug 31, 2011.

1. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Even I am subject to blind indifference. I was asked to replace a sign and I said no problem, but I said I would have to make a few changes for the better.

I submitted my rework and was told no good. Make it exactly like the original. I said no and suggested they find the original maker. Just makes you wonder what people perceive some times.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    yours looks better, of course. people have strange reasons that aren't always clear as to the why's behind something like this. who knows what their reasons were. too bad granny Buttercup will be spending eternity under a crappy looking plaque.

3. TyrantDesigner

TyrantDesigner Art! Hot and fresh.

Mar 9, 2011
    Amarillo, TX
    28 years old is a little young for a granny. I'm thinking sorority house mom, with the Gamma Upsilon.

Shame too about the sign, like the new design better than just blocked out lettering.

4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    It also might be that there are other plaques that match up to the crappy one. Too bad you weren't the original signmaker...

5. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Who knows.

6. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Yours is very nice and dignified. the before looks like something you get a Kinko's or like business yuk.

7. signmeup

signmeup Major Contributor

May 5, 2005
    Canada
    Missy is probably a horse or dog... or a missing cat.

8. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    ooops, I didn't look at the date and thought gamma was slang for ganny, my bad, but not as bad as that plaque looks.

9. "Deposit Please"

"Deposit Please" Active Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Illinois
    yours is much better...hands down, but i would respect their wishes and keep it original. Changing something now might hurt.

10. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    :D
    Yes of course yours is better, but like Stacy said maybe they had to match their other awful plaques.
    Love....Jill

11. genericname

genericname Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Canada
    I dunno... I think he did the right thing. They get consistency by going to their original guy, and you maintain your image by setting a quality standard.

At the end of the day, you're only as good as what you put out the door.

12. CES020

CES020 Very Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    VA
    You spent time designing it how you wanted it and then told them to go use someone else. Did you get paid for that? If not, it's you that lost on the deal, not them.

13. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    I thought this thread was going to be about Smackdown.... :(