• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Before and after with props to Google Maps

mrchips

I met this customer nearly 2 years ago. I got a call from him last fall asking me to make him a new sign. I live 1 1/2 hrs away from him and I'm not familiar with his town. I look up his addy on Google Maps and see his too small sign and it's facing away from on comming traffic and it's below the high point of the lawn.

I suggest we go with 2 sides and move it to the center of the property next to his sidewalk. Bingo....big upgrade to the sign and in a more visable location. My first pic is a similar view to the Google Maps video with the new sign in place. The second is from the opposite side where the sign could actually be read. And a close up.

All 20lb. Duna HDU with latex paint and hand carved. Sign is 26" high by 36" wide.

Thanks to Google Maps, the customer got a more effective job.

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 131
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 100

Letterbox Mike

Nice sign!

And Google Maps and Google Street View are lifesavers. It's eliminated a huge amount of travel time for us, for quick preliminary quotes that are hard to justify a site visit we just hop on Google.

Another great one is bing.com/maps. It's got a great "birds-eye" aerial view that I find much better than Google's because it's an angled 3-dimensional photo so you can actually get a good view of the side of a building and you can rotate around 360 degrees.

SqueeGee

Another great one is bing.com/maps. It's got a great "birds-eye" aerial view that I find much better than Google's because it's an angled 3-dimensional photo so you can actually get a good view of the side of a building and you can rotate around 360 degrees.

Nice tip!

Mosh

Nice work. I don't know what I would do without Google maps and my smartphone....
be lost out in the wild.

2B

on the same note with Google maps,

Have road work going on in front of the shop before road work there was drive-through parking lot allowing easy entrance/exit.

once road work started, they started to form off a "curb where the exit drive was. forcing customers to drive in and then back out into 4 lanes of traffic. went and got the TXDOT supervisor during the middle of there work pulled up Google maps and showed him, there by forcing him to changing the plans and put an exit back in. :)