• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

beginner course/class

megacab

seeing the thread about the avery/mutoh class got me thinkin. is there a reccomended class for a beginning wrap installer? i have been currently trying to teach myself, on my own vehicles of course, how to do a full wrap. i have done some hoods and roofs, but never a full car/truck. there are alot of tips and tricks that i may never know just from teaching myself. i want to become proficient at this and do not want to end up with pics of my work on the $400 wrap website:Oops: I see classes advertised around the net, but have no idea if they are with reputable companies, or just a way to get a couple grand outta me. so, if anyone has reccomendations for a good beginner class, i would appreciate it. after doing some searching on here, i see Lowen and Justin Pate come up.....anyone have a reccomendation one way or the other?

Last edited:
if you go onto fellers website, they have a link to be a "fellers certified" installer. that link gives you a list in your area of courses you can take.

phototec

Mutoh's Hands On School Of Wrap

seeing the thread about the avery/mutoh class got me thinkin. is there a reccomended class for a beginning wrap installer? after doing some searching on here, i see Lowen and Justin Pate come up.....anyone have a reccomendation one way or the other?

Carwraps is a good source of vehicle wrap training videos, Justin Pate is the instructor, he has been touring the USA giving 2-3 day wrap classes, with the Mutoh's Hands On School Of Wrap. I attended the one at SignWarehouse last May. The hands-on experience and the trips and tricks learned from Justin was very valuable. Justin has wrapped over 2500 vehicles, and is featured in the Carwraps videos.

http://justinpate.net/index.php/workshops

http://carwraps.net/blog/2009/07/car...wrap-training/

I highly recommend either the Carwraps videos (which I have), or taking the basic two day glass, there is nothing better than hands on training. Justin has developed many tips and techniques over the the years he has been doing wraps, and his two class starts out with the basic over-view and takes you all the way through hands-on wrapping of a vehicle.

:rock-n-roll:

megacab

:thankyou: everyone. i have a trip to vegas in april to do but i am going to do everything i can to do a class in either may or june. i do want to do this correctly and i will do everything in my power to be the best at it that i can. half ass is not an option.