• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

beginners luck?9-12 vehicle wraps quote

will be getting my roland machine this week sp540v

and i have a customer that wants all his vehicles wrapped
he said he needs to spend that money for advertising before year ends

but is there anyone out there that can help me with the design

whats the charge

Mosh

Have you ever done a wrap before? Design or install? Do you have a laminator too? A place to install?

Price would be between $1,000 and $12,000 depending on the vehicle and the amount of art needed to be done.

GK

I can offer you this bit of advice. Customers tend to talk up a big order to discount the pricing in your quote...once you shoot yourself in the foot its hard to back peddle your way out of the mess when you went low thinking you would get all 12 and now they only did 3 or worse yet...1. If this is a serious order quote them the full price right out of the gate and then on the 11th and 12th ones apply the discount, or the 12th one free (whatever your discount is going to be) If the customer is serious about the order, they should understand this. Another thing to consider is, how are they going to be releasing the vehicles to you. Will they be clean, new, old, etc. Do you have an indoor spot to have more than one vehicle at a time, or is this job going to drag out for a month and kill your profit margin. Consider things like that when you price out this quote.

Ken

Good call GK.
Yeah, we all hear about the "future work" to get a price cut.
All I can tell you buddy...GET A BIG DEPOSIT...sounds like you're not too familiar with this kind of work...you probably need some help with the install.
You're asking for design help...give me all the details..I'll give a quote before I even touch the keyboard.
Cheers!
Ken

RoyWraps

We are neighbors. This is Roger I-Decal Let me know how I can help.
Design, print, laminate, and install.

mark in tx

Be careful, I have had the same situation present itself a few times.
Customer promises many vehicle order, only it never materialises.

Draw up a contract for purchase.
If they won't sign the contract, they aren't serious.

heyskull

Draw up a contract and make it very clear if the quantity is any less than what he is asking for, the price will be anything up to 50% more per vehicle.
Also put a time scale these vehicles can be done as once you have printed all of the vehicles there is a shelf life for the printed material before application (this is to make him realise he has to pay for all the vehicles at once!).
Make him realise all the vehicles will be printed together and have to be payed for up front.

Most customers like the one you have are talkin S**T just to make the job cheaper and him sound bigger than he is!!

SC

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Before year end ?? That's only two weeks away and you haven't finalized the deal, let alone gotten deposits, designs Okayed and one last question..... do you have a laminator ??

I don't think with this being your first go around with wrapping anything that you can fit a dozen trucks into your schedule and have them finished by year's end.

Get the deposit as mentioned for the entire job, learn your machine, design your prints and tell him if he wants to get it into this year's expenses.... he's gonna have to trust you and pay you the second half before year end and you'll have the trucks finished by the middle of January. Be honest and upfront with him.

kstompaint

I don't think with this being your first go around with wrapping anything that you can fit a dozen trucks into your schedule and have them finished by year's end.
My guess is that the customer just wants the whole order INVOICED before year's end.