• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Belt Replace Second Time Gs6000

Dice

Well it's that time again. Just had it replaced 3 months ago. Main drive belt disintegrates.

Dice

Epson is replacing them and they admitted the old belts are faulty and that the new belts are much better.

This of course is exactly what they said 3 months ago so i'm not holding my breath.

If you have a GS6000 you should request a belt change immediately before it breaks on you at your busiest time.

JdaddioN

Just curious Dice if there was anything that occured with the GS6000 before the belt broke, as in sound wise. Mine is starting to make a louder then normal high pitch sound that has me concerned.

Dice

Yes you can hear it. Thats how we knew there was a problem first and second time.

You can take off the right front panel and see the main drive belt. It's yellowish.

Stick your hand back there and reach back a bit and feel long the belt to see if there are any breaks.

They just replaced it about an hour ago. They tested the tension and loosened it a bit as it was a bit tight.

The belt they replaced it looks exactly the same as the old one which i'm not happy about. I don't like being told that they improved the belt when it looks exactly the same as the old.

rfulford

I have 2 of these machines. The first was very reliable with the exception of the green head drying out. (this was an issue with ColorBurst not using green ink). The second has had a mother board and reduction belt replaced. Right before it went out, you could hear a small tear on the belt flapping in the machine. It sounded like a baseball card in a bicycle tire.

When our belt was replaced, I had wait a day for the tech to receive a special sonic micro tensioning tool. My tech replaced the belt along with the gear but not the motor. He then used the special tool to adjust the tension. Was this the case when your last belt was replaced? My belt was replaced in late September for reference.