Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Berber Edge FX Stroke Color

Discussion in 'Tips & Tricks' started by lvking, Nov 16, 2020.

1. lvking

lvking New Member

Jul 22, 2016
    Roseto Pennsylvania
    Hello All,
    I have been using the Edge FX for several years and ran into a problem today due to colors chosen by customer. I needed to do a yellow stroke over Teal vinyl but I now realize it does not stand out so I would like to put a black stroke after the Yellow. Is it possible to do this?

2. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    Yes - but if you are overprinting the yellow stroke with black - then why bother printing the yellow?
    yes - yellow will not show up on teal vinyl . unless you print a white under base- and it still might not look good.

3. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    or print on white - keep your yellow stroke and use a teal foil color where you need it.

4. lvking

lvking New Member

Jul 22, 2016
    Roseto Pennsylvania
    Teal foils are out of stock so I was trying to outline the yellow with a black stroke so it was more visible.

5. Jburns

Jburns Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Denver
    yeah- I'm guessing the yellow foil in teal vinyl will look dark green.

6. lvking

lvking New Member

Jul 22, 2016
    Roseto Pennsylvania
    yep. Gerber is not making life easy by limiting or eliminating foil colors. Might have to go to a Kelly green.