• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best 54" Laminator to get ? NEED HELP

SomarSigns

I'm trying to buy my first printer and laminator I already have a graphtec fc8600 and I am looking to get a hp latex 110 54 inch and a royal sovereign RSC-1401 Lamintor are there any cheaper options i don't do a lot of big printing i more or less do stickers and decals what would be the best laminator for me?

thanks

ams

By far without a deal, get yourself a SEAL. Stick with quality and not the cheapest price.

rjssigns

Figured I'd post up a little Econ 101:

Figure out your budget before asking what is the "best" of anything. I'd like to have the top line Summa tangential cutter in my shop. Budget, but ultimately actual use tell me a SummaCut D series will do exactly what needs to be done at a greatly reduced cost.

Point I'm trying to make is you don't buy a Ferrari and not run the wheels off it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We love our GFP 463TH and are looking at a new 563TH Max Pro.

At my last job we had a dingtech and seal 62 Pro S and I hated both of them. When I bought my own equipment I tested many brands out and ultimately settled on the gfp for functionality then price.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
"Best" and "cheapest" I've found to generally not be compatible terms. Its one or the other.... In any case for the price the US Tech laminators do provide an excellent value. You can also find used top tier brand machines from Seal, GBC, etc as well for a good price but you really have to be careful there. If you do not know what to look for that can be a problem. While I've not used one the Kala Mistral as mentioned does get great reviews and I've hear nothing but good things about them. Really want the "best" then look at an AGL..... they are not cheap though.

TomK

We love our GFP 463TH and are looking at a new 563TH Max Pro.

At my last job we had a dingtech and seal 62 Pro S and I hated both of them. When I bought my own equipment I tested many brands out and ultimately settled on the gfp for functionality then price.

I'm seriously considering the Gfp 355TH as our first laminator, excluding the Big Squeegee. I don't need a 55", but haven't been able to find a 30/36" with heat assist.

Dennis422

I have US Tech MVT500 55" laminator.
My only concern with it, I wish I bought 65" version. No difference in pricing right now, but I am currently limited with space.
If you have room, get the bigger one. Eventually, if you upgrade your printer, you will be stuck with smaller laminator.

blufftonsignguy

I'm trying to buy my first printer and laminator I already have a graphtec fc8600 and I am looking to get a hp latex 110 54 inch and a royal sovereign RSC-1401 Lamintor are there any cheaper options i don't do a lot of big printing i more or less do stickers and decals what would be the best laminator for me?

thanks

I purchased a 60" elite cold laminator from tubelite a couple of years ago. It has been a great tool for me. Instead of having to adjust the pressure on each side, you get the full weight of the entire roller pressing down. I would buy another one.

LarryB

thanks

I have the Royal Sovereign 1401 laminator and love it. No issues whatsoever. It's much better than the Seal 54el.

chester215

Just call me Chester.
-Posted the same comment in another thread.

I have the 54" ustech laminator. Worked great for a little while.
The foot pedal stopped working (just ran continuously) and although the meter said it was ok, they said replace it.
Replaced the foot pedal, Still the same.
They said disconnect the foot pedal, still the same.
They haven't returned any emails since, guess they don't know how to fix their own stuff.
Next time I would buy another brand from someone else.

AF

-Posted the same comment in another thread.

I have the 54" ustech laminator. Worked great for a little while.
The foot pedal stopped working (just ran continuously) and although the meter said it was ok, they said replace it.
Replaced the foot pedal, Still the same.
They said disconnect the foot pedal, still the same.
They haven't returned any emails since, guess they don't know how to fix their own stuff.
Next time I would buy another brand from someone else.

Our AGL laminator came with full parts lists and exploded drawings. When you pop the sides off there is an impressive amount of electronics and wiring inside. Very unlikely that it will suffer a breakdown though. Worth looking into AGL if downtime is costing you money. Minimal waste when webbing and perfect running saves money from reprints on a daily basis. Maybe I am getting old but I don't have patience for junky equipment with no support from the manufacturer.