• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best adhesive remover

laserman70

What are you using for adhesive removal.
Been doing alot of trucks lately for large trucking company.
Removal has been a pain.

What are all of you using for this?
just for doors not a real big area...
thanks

There really is no one single thing that works for all adhesives so we keep a milk crate full of different solutions. From simple household cleaners to Citrus cleaner, Grafix Gone, and 3M adhesive remover we start with the least caustic and keep trying until we find the best solution for that particular adhesive. We also use the Lil' Chisler scraper when necessary.

inthesignbiz

This stuff works on every type of adhesive we have encountered.
This and plastic razor blades.

Attachments

• max.jpg
    max.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 199

Supergirl

Obviously not for every surface, but i've found fuel to work absolutely the best.

Puts all the other removers to shame :smile:

Malkin

This stuff works on every type of adhesive we have encountered.
This and plastic razor blades.

THIS.

It's nearly the only thing that we have used in our shop for adhesive removing for at least 12 years. Only once did I ever encounter something that needed something stronger.

It's manufacturer Max Professional has also come out with a stronger "industrial" version that I have yet to test.

Pat Whatley

Kind of hate to admit this but...
I love Rapid Remover and it's my go to stripper but when you drop the bottle off a ladder and it splatters all over the parking lot and you have to finish the job that day you look for options. Tried the 3M stuff from O'Reilly....junk. Citrus stripper from the paint store...useless. Goo gone....waste of time and money. I just happened to have a can of pre-mixed weedeater fuel in the back of the truck and tried that. Worked almost as well as the Rapid Remover and doesn't smell like gas. Had to clean off the oily residue with alcohol but in a pinch it saved my butt.

Attachments

• 875750000095.jpg
    875750000095.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 120

SuncitySigns

Not sure if you guys get it stateside but I use Avery Adhesive remover.
No wait time, just spray on and take off with either a cloth or a applicator wrapped in a cloth.

Happy days

BobM

Rapid Remover and then clean with Rapid Cleaner or Rapid Tac. Always works, never a problem with paint or substrate damage.