• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Best Adhesive Remover ?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Denatured alcohol is about useless for anything. Isopropyl is what you want, and can remove a little adhesive. But Rapid Remover is what we use, sometimes Goof Off.

DoubleDiamond

We found a zep degreaser product that is amazing as an adhesive remover. The pros are it is a gel, so it does not run on a vertical surface, it just stays there and dissolves the adhesive almost but not quit as good as rapid remover. I get it by the case and it sprays on and is like jelly. The cons are it's kinda hard to get for some folks, kinda pricey, is flammable and is very greasy and needs to be cleaned after with alcohol, and you have to be careful on some sufaces as it is very strong and can cause damage if left on too long. We have both and use this zep stuff 5 times more often because it does not evaporate or run down the side of a vehicle. By the way as an engine degreaser it is far better than the spray on foaming stuff too.

Southpaw1

I've used Rapid remover ( the orange smelling stuff) and even a rubber wheel when necessary. I had to re letter an entire fleet of tow trucks after a ownership and logo change (about 35 trucks) and some had been lettered for around 10 years.