• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best after market head for 1204

rrd

Anyone use a head form sign-in-china? Need to find a new head but not sure who to get it from at a reasonable price. Have used a maintenance station form s-i-c and worked perfectly but a head is a whole different deal.

rrd

Unfortunately $1900 is not in the cards.
Found unlocked dx5 Mutoh head quoted for $1100 with shipping so far. Still looking for the elusive unlocked F1860000 head for $700

Umca

Epson F186000 printhead have a little bigger front side of manifold.
For install this printhead in Mutoh printher you have to cut a little head fixer frame.
And Head Rank have another format, so you can't write it in printer's HeadRank menu.

Umca

Yes, it possible.
But in my opinion it is not good idea - to install old (maybe glogged) manifold on to new printhead.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
Yes, it possible.
But in my opinion it is not good idea - to install old (maybe glogged) manifold on to new printhead.

+1

It is hard to buy original and brand new Mutoh adaptor, or the cost is high too.
So, best choice for Mutoh is original head.
But $1900 is crazy price.

Brent

rrd

Already have a new manifold. Those are readily available. Got one from solventinkjet.com just not willing to spend $1900 on head. Again sign-in-china has heads for 1204 for 1400 but I think that's still too much. Found heads from other venders in china for around $1k. Just trying to find out if anyone has had experience buying one direct from china. I'm assuming that's where some of these dealers are getting their heads and just marking them up double.

Umca

I found photo with OEM Mutoh printhead (with green connector) and F186000 together.
You can see a difference in level of manifold front side...

Attachments

• Heads.jpg
    Heads.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 98