• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best banner welder and stitcher?

Erikka@Rainier

We are currently being taken over by another arm of our corporate parent company, and they are allowing us to purchase new equipment. They told us we need a banner welder and a stitcher but I don't know anything about this type of equipment. We would need the machines to be able to weld/stitch scrim vinyl banner, mesh banner and fabric. For those of you that have this type of equipment, what would your suggestion be? What is the high end, low end? Would likely need something easy enough to use out of the box since none of us will have any prior training using the machines. Also, is there such a thing as a pneumatic grommeting machine? We have a single "elbow grease" operated grommet punch and it sucks!

Thanks and :U Rock:

Slamdunkpro

We are currently being taken over by another arm of our corporate parent company, and they are allowing us to purchase new equipment. They told us we need a banner welder and a stitcher but I don't know anything about this type of equipment. We would need the machines to be able to weld/stitch scrim vinyl banner, mesh banner and fabric. For those of you that have this type of equipment, what would your suggestion be? What is the high end, low end? Would likely need something easy enough to use out of the box since none of us will have any prior training using the machines. Also, is there such a thing as a pneumatic grommeting machine? We have a single "elbow grease" operated grommet punch and it sucks!

Thanks and :U Rock:

What's your budget? Sinclair Triads (wedge welder) go for around 12k, Miller air/wedge units are 23k and up.

Rooster

That welder will not do hems. It's only for joining two pieces into one larger piece.

There's no cheap solution for doing hems. Although sewing is cheaper than heat welding.

I doubt you'll find either machine for your budget for both.

Erikka@Rainier

That welder will not do hems. It's only for joining two pieces into one larger piece.

There's no cheap solution for doing hems. Although sewing is cheaper than heat welding.

I doubt you'll find either machine for your budget for both.

Is there such a machine that will do hems, if not, that's okay as we would likely use the joiner for large banners anyway, I thought it would do hems too. Even if it is out of the budget I put, I will look into any type of machine, I don't know what the actual budget will be but if I can show the need for the equipment, they may purchase it regardless of cost. At this point I am looking for suggestions from forum members that have this type of equipment. Thanks for your help.

Slamdunkpro

Is there such a machine that will do hems, if not, that's okay as we would likely use the joiner for large banners anyway, I thought it would do hems too. Even if it is out of the budget I put, I will look into any type of machine, I don't know what the actual budget will be but if I can show the need for the equipment, they may purchase it regardless of cost. At this point I am looking for suggestions from forum members that have this type of equipment. Thanks for your help.

Sinclair Triads and Millers will do flat hems, pockets overlap seams, hem cords, pretty much whatever you want them do do. Listers will do most of that but they are a hot air welder really designed for making pool liners and covers. You can't weld fabric like Sunbrella unless you use thermal bonding tape. We have a Sinclair and use it quite a bit. If you have specific questions fire away.

Erikka@Rainier

Thank you all for your responses, you've been most helpful. I haven't really been told much about the new stuff, but I've heard we will be doing all the sign and banner for the northwest territory of American Reprographics Company, which is a lot of volume. Maybe I can talk them into a high end piece of equipment. ;)

Slamdunkpro

Thank you all for your responses, you've been most helpful. I haven't really been told much about the new stuff, but I've heard we will be doing all the sign and banner for the northwest territory of American Reprographics Company, which is a lot of volume. Maybe I can talk them into a high end piece of equipment. ;)

The thing that I'd try to find out is what kind of seams you'll be doing and how often you have to switch out. Some of the welders require some down time to convert from flat hem to pole pockets for example. The other thought is depending on your volume and multi-hem type needs, you can get 2 Sinclare's for the price of one Miller.