• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Big Squeegee tool?

phototec

What is the best Big Squeegee tool for installing large cut vinyl letters (24"x24") on a vertical surface outside?

ProWraps

it does a great job though right? i would reccommend it to anyone that needs a door stop/paper weight.

Salmoneye

Setup for a 24" letter with a small squeegee and a yard tool would be the same on a vertical surface like he is suggesting, the application would take maybe 1 or two seconds for each side of a hinge. I think it is a great tool for this type of thing and keep one with me in my install kit along with regular squeegees.

showcase 66

How many of the 24" x 24" pieces are you applying?

If one or 2 than I would just use a regular 4" one.

If you have 5 or more than it could be worth it. I have a 24" cradle that I have used in the past. Did a job of 25 windows with each window have a 20"x30" "poster" going on them. Lined them all up then came back and put them on. 10-12 minutes of actual application time.

I love the cradle for a lot of what I do. It works great.

2B

Depends the situation, multiple decals (more than 6) then look at the big squeegee

as far as which is best you will need to go to Dale's website he has SEVERAL videos showing the different models

Mosh

24" letter big? (lol) As a fellow BS user, I would not use it on an install like this, I use a 6" teflon. Use the a top hinge method and do each letter by itself. Or a side hinge, if it is a connected script.

phototec

Get yourself a box of normal 4" squeegees youll use em all on 24"x24" graphics before you use a big squeegee once...but if it works for you it works!