• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Brand??? Please help!

bigbucks

Hello,
We are new here and are looking to start a home business making vinyl decals. I have been trying to research the different brands. But of course each company says theirs is the best.
WE were hoping some of those who are already making decals may help. We have looked on ebay and will most likely get one from there. I just don't want to get one that is more likely to break down.
ANy suggestions???
Would like a good machine but also at a reasonable cost.
I have seen some on ebay go pretty cheap but I just want to be careful before spending the money. I think we want a 24" to get started. I have many friends and family who are interested in buying already. Just want to get started but am a little leary.

Any help for us newbees would be greatly appreciated!

Marc and Laura

toucan_graphics

The best cutter I have used for the price is Seiki. I recommend the 30" model. I've had the 30" Seiki that I currently use for a year now (well almost a year) and no problems at all. It's reliable, accurate and mine came with Flexi basic. I bought it off Ebay. Look for Seiki on Ebay. I got mine for $590. ($125 was shipping).
I was very leary about buying it because I had never heard of Seiki before, but for the price I figured I could afford to take the chance. I'm glad I did. I use the Roland blades in it and it cranks out the jobs like a champ. Its as good if not better than the HPGL I used to use.

Jason
Toucan Graphics

Sticker Dude

I say Roland or Summa but when I started last year I bought a 24" off ebay from Desay called Master , never had a problem so far. I do cut very small vehicle logos for pinstripes for cars and its starting to struggle on that now

OldPaint

the biggest differeance in plotter...are not seen....ITS WHAT THE ROTATING SHAFTS TURN IN!!! cheap plotters are all nylon/plastic bushings...which all will wear or go egg shaped after a period of time.
all the high dollar plotters are equiped at these rotating points with STEEL BALL BEARINGS!!!! these have sealed in lubrication.......and will last 10-20 yrs of hard use without failure. thes are the same type bearing you have on the wheels of youre vehicle....and how many miles do you have on a vehicle...and how many bearing have you ever had replaced?????????
roland CX-24 goes for $1500, and is all nylon/plastic bushings. GX-300 goes for $3200....ALL BALL BEARINGS....
which do you want?????????
FYI.........NOW YAS KNOWS

Checkers

You'll find that everyone has their own opinion about brand, manufacturer, etc.
All I'll say is that you get what you pay for when it comes to equipment and materials. So, stick with the stuff that you can easily buy and get support for.
Good luck and welcome aboard.

Checkers

bigbucks

Thanks everyone with your insights. I will be looking this weekend and hopefully I can find a nice one with a decent price.
Laura

logoadvantage

Depends on the size Cutter

This is just my opinion, We all have them.
Each brand has good points and bad ones. On an ENTRY LEVEL 24 inch wide cutter I think Ioline has a nice unit. I feel its better than the Roland, however in the bigger cutters I prefer the Roland and others. Look at the size you want and can afford and then back up and look at how well that size is made. I have two rolands and Two Ioline cutters and they are all great. For a entry level 24 inch cutter I have had good luck with my Ioline and we work it pretty hard daily !