• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Business Cards EVER

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I have about 12 books that all they do is showcase amazing business cards or cards and letterheads. I agree that a good business card is worth the money ... I see too many people who have cheap business cards and it really makes me sad that they expect decent results from inferior branding

This though definantly is bookmarked. Good find.

Pat Whatley

Interestingly I got a business card from an electrician today that made me think about this. I usually roll my eyes at the "you need good business cards" comments because I doubted the average consumer could tell the difference or cared if they could tell. Well the electrician guy handed me a plastic card that's full color on both sides with foil stamping and an embossed logo. It feels like a dang credit card.....it went directly into my wallet. Compared to the eight cheap cards I've gotten the last few days his company stood out dramatically.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Nice find Colorado.
Anyone have a suggested vendor for producing these high end cards?

the times i have done something like this for a customer ... I had to goto a specialty printer that does all that in house ... cost a pretty penny too.

most of the cards are just die cut with standard sublimation printing and a glossy laminate though ... so you can find that just about anywhere that does hotstamping and embossing of business cards. it all comes to design skills on those ones.

And I will look for the supplier online that prints on that frosted clear poly cards ... found one last week that looks hopeful.

I know zazzle has "indestructable" card stock that is rather thick .. little more on the square side since they don't do die cutting ... but still a REALLY high quality card.

BALLPARK

Thanks for the link Colorado... Great read and plenty of great examples!

Business cards are like any other promotional product, make it nice or do not make it at all.

If you provide a potential client with modern good quality promotional materials it will only make your job much easier. If you provide cheap promotional materials you are already working from behind. That is my personal view on it...

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Lots of cool designs.

Our business card is part of a 4 x 8 debossed pocket folder brouchure that also contains a photo of what we do.

I used to own a hot foil stamping business but now use the press for making my own marketing materials.

After seeing these designs, it looks like I'll have to start tinkering with some die-cuts.

JB

signswi

I personally can't stand cards that aren't standard size (rounded corners fine, die cuts cool) and paper. Don't bulk up my wallet I don't need to get an embolism from sitting on your giant business card before I can get around to entering the info into my contacts database.

Some good designs in the OP link, keep it clean.

Last edited:

davearama

Here you go...most of us print banners right? Was going to Chamber event one day and ran out of cards. Called my printer and was going to be 7-10 days.

I didn't want to go without cards and didn't want to print some on heavy paper and look really cheap. We were running a banner at the time so I said let's print them on vinyl banner material. They came out looking great! Can always run more using the drops from side of 54" material when we run a 36/39" banner.

Now when I hand out cards clients start bending, folding, and rubbing it and give me that look. Then almost always get a comment. I say we do banners and want our cards to last as long as your banner. Run it in the washer and just like your banner in a storm, it will come out looking great.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Here you go...most of us print banners right? Was going to Chamber event one day and ran out of cards. Called my printer and was going to be 7-10 days.

I didn't want to go without cards and didn't want to print some on heavy paper and look really cheap. We were running a banner at the time so I said let's print them on vinyl banner material. They came out looking great! Can always run more using the drops from side of 54" material when we run a 36/39" banner.

Now when I hand out cards clients start bending, folding, and rubbing it and give me that look. Then almost always get a comment. I say we do banners and want our cards to last as long as your banner. Run it in the washer and just like your banner in a storm, it will come out looking great.

that ... is ... awesome.