• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best business credit card for sign/print shop?

ProtectedBy3

Just like the title says.....anybody have any recommendations for small business credit cards that give you the most bang for your buck?

CanuckSigns

We use a travel card from our bank, we generally have enough points to go on an all inclusive vacation in the Caribbean every year from it.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I use Spark. 1.5% cash back on ALL purchases no limit. I usually rack up $100-150 a month. Helps "take back" some of the lost $$ I pay to to the mafia...er I mean credit card processors.

Last edited:

ProtectedBy3

I was looking at one that pays something ridiculous like 5% back up to $150k on office supplies, but I don't think that the paper companies/wide format supply companies would fall under that. Does anyone know if they would?

Christian @ 2CT Media

We only use a credit card to pay bills, buy materials, and purchase equipment (when possible). We have always liked our Chase Ink Bold since it was a charge card and we had a flexible limit and paid it off in full. Over the last few years they have changed the terms and we lost our yearly bonus points and etc. So we are currently in the hunt for a better card to spend our money with.

rjssigns

We use the Costco Visa for business. 1% on purchases outside the store, 2% in the store. 3% for restaurants. 4% on gas/fuel which is huge. Truck has a 40 gallon tank. They send us a coupon for renewal which takes membership down to about 70 bucks. I'm good with that.

Johnny Best

I will never hold a AMEX card just due to how they treat us a merchants.

Why is that, because you have to pay the extra fees to use their card or they cut payment because of a disgruntled customer?
I use paypal for things off the internet, Amex for most everything in my business, and of course cash for dinners and drugs.

Last edited:

ProtectedBy3

Old people like the prestige of Amex. Younger people see it as a waste of $$
I've always wondered why someone would want a credit card that made you pay an annual fee. They're already going to make money off you if you don't pay the balance in full each month. I saw an AmEx the other day with an annual fee of $495. I can't even begin to wrap my head around that. Maybe that makes sense if I use some of that Common Core crap that they're teaching my daughter where you don't actually learn how to add and subtract, you just use boxes for everything.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Why is that, because you have to pay the extra fees to use their card or they cut payment because of a disgruntled customer?
I use paypal for things off the internet, Amex for most everything in my business, and of course cash for dinners and drugs.
Actually never had a disputed charge with AMEX, but I've had them hold large $50,000+ payments because they didn't like my invoices or the way products are worded on our invoices. I've asked some of my best clients switch away from AMEX and they have so its less of an issue for us now.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I've always wondered why someone would want a credit card that made you pay an annual fee. They're already going to make money off you if you don't pay the balance in full each month. I saw an AmEx the other day with an annual fee of $495. I can't even begin to wrap my head around that. Maybe that makes sense if I use some of that Common Core crap that they're teaching my daughter where you don't actually learn how to add and subtract, you just use boxes for everything.

I don't get it either. Annual fee, bad rewards but hey, you can have a credit card that old business men are proud of.

No thanks. I like the no annual fee and $$ back every month club better then yours.

Johnny Best

This is the card Texas_Signmaker uses with the freebies every month. "EatenGood"!
Screen Shot 2018-03-25 at 6.22.25 PM.png

When you buy a TV or printer and it comes with a 1 year warranty. AmEx will double that, in other words, a 2 year warranty on the TV.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This is the card Texas_Signmaker uses with the freebies every month. "EatenGood"! View attachment 133567
When you buy a TV or printer and it comes with a 1 year warranty. AmEx will double that, in other words, a 2 year warranty on the TV.

Lol, doesn't look like the real "Lone Star" card...but hey it's been a few years since I was eligible for one.

BTW, I think most credit cards double the warranty. Just admit you like having the Amex name in your purse, makes you feel like a big man who "made it"

Last edited: