• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Best cutting software

calico

I have been using Signblazer for a long time but find its vectorizing is hopeless.
What is a good not too expensive software program for a Foison cutter?
I need to produce text that can have the letter spacing adjusted and also to convert and cut bitmaps.
Many thanks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Can that cutter even be upgraded to accept other software ?? I would sooner think it would be a better idea to replace the machine with something more substantial.

Bert Wondervan

I have been using Signblazer for a long time but find its vectorizing is hopeless.
What is a good not too expensive software program for a Foison cutter?
I need to produce text that can have the letter spacing adjusted and also to convert and cut bitmaps.
Many thanks

What is your Windows version?
What is your Foison model?

WildWestDesigns

CorelDRAW with some cutter plugin software is my suggestion.

CoCut for that model seems supported. This would probably be the easiest method that I'm aware of. Might cost more then wanting to spend initially, but probably the least hassle prone.

I think the official driver support has stopped with Win 8 (at least at this time) so that makes it harder to use just plain ole File>Print in graphics program of choice, so going to need some type of program with a built in driver for the easiest solution.

Only other method is to manually setup a print driver to allow for "printing" to the cutter. Easy enough to do in Linux when using my Roland's, but I don't know how easy it is on the Win side of things (since my version of legacy Windows are in VMs that adds an extra layer that I don't want (or need) to deal with, so I've never bothered with seeing how easy it would be with Windows to do that).