• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best digital

Josh hunt

I have a roland sp540i at the moment but would like to up date
I mainy do vehicle wraps
Would like to stick with roland but want something higher quality
But would also like a print and cut machine
As i only have a 610 plotter

heyskull

I can understand wanting to trade up on your Roland as the sp540i runs the old Epson DX4 print heads which can be entertaining to align properly.
Personally I would be going for one of the later DX5 or DX6 printhead machines as their is less to go wrong and print speed and quality far surpasses what you can get now.
Also I would opt for two machines, one to print and one to cut as it can be very frustrating waiting for a printer to finish to get your already printed materials cut. In the long run this will make you more productive.
Their is also the option for latex machines but I have had little experience with these machines and from what my previous employer says about his it can have some serious down time and uses print heads (although cheap-er than solvent machines) at a much faster rate.

SC