Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

best flatbed for fine art printing

Discussion in 'Flatbed Printers' started by buzzgraphics, Jan 8, 2019.

1. chafro

chafro Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Mexico
    Swissqprint, for sure!! we do a lot of acrylic mirror Prints, aluminum and many other material for fine art gallery prints.

We also do a lot of silver halide facemounts on acrylic for fine art and our direct print acrylics with the Swissqprint get very close on quality. On big sizes you can’t see the difference.

Quality is amazing, reliability second to none and they are made to last. Ours is 4 years old and prints as day one. One or two Tec visits in the 4 years!! still outperforms quality of all UV printers I have seen. The printer can be a high volumen production printer at high speeds if you need to.

We got 8000 4x8s in 14 days with ours for a corrugated plastic proyect.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 9:55 AM
    • Like Like x 2
  2. axelmk

axelmk New Member

Sep 18, 2016
    Houston, TX
    buzzgraphics, Have you looked at the new LATEX HP Flatbed r1000 or r2000?
    It is a Flatbed and Roll to Roll.
    We are getting ours installed this week. The Tests we did in Atlanta with our own files were amazing.
    Price range is for the r1000 model is 160K
    Since we will be testing for installation purposes anyway, if you want send me a test file and I will gladly run it for you.

3. Classic1935

Classic1935 New Member

Aug 30, 2017
    Slovenia
    Hi,

we run two Oce Arizonas 250GT and 350XT. Practically the same machines up to format and white on 350. The 250 is already more then 10 year in our shop and have nearly 30.000 sqm on the clock, but work perfect and print quality is still comparable with almost any new machine. Definitely in fine art class when we talk about UV flat bad printers. The print speed is low, especially with white ink on 350, but quality is great and service costs are very low, unfortunately the ink is quite expensive. Generally the Arizonas / Fuji Aquity are great machines for the money and able to make fine art printing for sure. They are almost so good like the Oce sales personality say they are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. buzzgraphics

buzzgraphics Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Ogden
    wow! I let this simmer for a couple days and I come back to a wealth of information. thank you so much for all the reports and offers. I'm going to do some research on all these options and hopefully have a clearer idea of what will work for us. I may look at some used upper end machines to get closer to my price range too. Sounds like a well maintained 4 year old machine may be up to the task as well as a new one. Speed isn't a huge issue for us right now anyways, but quality is.

• Like Like x 1