• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Flexi color pallette for printing?

Rat_Fink

Using Flexi 7.6 v.2 & Mutoh Outdoor Jr.

What is the best color pallette to use for digital printing?
It seems most of the pallettes are matched to vinyl colors & using some really lays down a bunch of ink.

Are some better than others to get good prints.

Thanks
Mike

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I use the cmyk.swt. Open it and you'll find two blacks right up near the front. Delete one of them and change the other to 100% K and 0% CMY. Save it under a new name.

Then do View->Create Swatch->Current Pallet. Do some judicious text editing and arranging then print this table on whatever media you're using with whatever profile you're using. Now you have a chart of just which color looks like what for that media and that profile.

Most of the vendor specific color charts are in LAB which is not necessarily a bad thing but using the Pantone CMYK swatch table gives at least the illusion of a lot more options, flexibility, and predictability.