• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best for cutting Coro and Omega?

Farmboy

I know this has been beat to death, but I'm just not to happy with my FSC cutter anymore. Way to much play to cut a straight line. If I had time I'd tear it apart and do and Adam Savage on it. I've raised prices and feel that I should be giving the best product I can, even if it's just a simple coro or omega sign. Is a stomp shear the way to go, would it just crush coro, or should I be looking at a panel saw (ugh...the mess)? Thank you and I hope everyone's well.

Ldireprophil

I know this has been beat to death, but I'm just not to happy with my FSC cutter anymore. Way to much play to cut a straight line. If I had time I'd tear it apart and do and Adam Savage on it. I've raised prices and feel that I should be giving the best product I can, even if it's just a simple coro or omega sign. Is a stomp shear the way to go, would it just crush coro, or should I be looking at a panel saw (ugh...the mess)? Thank you and I hope everyone's well.
Don't know what your budget is but a machine that pays for itself starting day 1 is a Summa F1612 table. Workhouse of a machine I use mine every day for cutting a multitude of different media, mainly coroplast. Just send the cut file, import, hit the button and you're done. My favorite machine in the shop.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 153
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 159

zspace

Premium Subscriber

We have both a Fletcher and a Keen Cutter. I bought the Keen last year for similar reasons. The Keen is a more stable cutting platform but it's a lot slower on long runs of coroplast.

There are panel saws with optional box blade tools for coroplast. That option will expand what you can cut (MDO, 6mm substrates, etc...) but you're right about the mess.

Fletcher makes replacement kits of all the plastic sleeves for their cutters that will help with the wobble some. The Fletcher is worth fixing even if it's just to improve the resale value.

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Don't know what your budget is but a machine that pays for itself starting day 1 is a Summa F1612 table. Workhouse of a machine I use mine every day for cutting a multitude of different media, mainly coroplast. Just send the cut file, import, hit the button and you're done. My favorite machine in the shop.

Ours is on the way...can't wait!

I was in the same boat as you Tom, we have a Keen Cut and have never been 100% satisfied with it. Works good for down and dirty coroplast signs but I really dislike the way it leaves the edges on ACM and how it cracks PVC if you don't do multiple slooooow cuts. Re-calibrating it is also a bit of a pain, you can never really get it 100% square.

Definitely a big step up from a wall cutter to a flatbed, but I can't wait to move our work over to it. Automation for the win!