• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best knives and blades...

MoshowNZ

Hi all..

I am looking for the perfect knife to use for my work.

I know there is no such thing as perfection but I want something that will allow me to cut 3M reflective sheeting (DG & HIP grades especially!) without having the mechanism fall apart after less than a months usage. Nothing is more annoying than having the blade come loose when cutting or trimming reflective vinyl!

I have gone through at least 5 different knives by Stanley, Tajima etc and none really stand the test of time so any recommendations would be much appreciated!!

MoshowNZ

I find scalpels ok for non reflective films but I really need something solid and sturdy for reflective.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Yep - Olfa SVR-2 knives with the ABB black max blades is all we use anymore. Careful with the black max blades on glass though. They are sharp enough to scratch glass.