• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Laminate for UV Protection - vehicle decals

lodcomm

Hello Folks,

I am in the process of just starting to print out some replacement "roadrunner" decals for a friend of mine who is repainting his car.

I am printing using a soljet-500 Using roland eco-solv max as the ink.

My question is: What do you folks recommend as my best vinyl & Laminate combination which will offer the most outdoor life, UV protection, etc..

Thanks!

-todd

rjssigns

All are roughly the same in regards to longevity. Everyone on this forum has their favorite so you will get tons of opinions. Best bet is go to Fellers.com. You will be able to see the leading wrap materials along with information on each.

You can also apply the laminated decals once the car has been based. Then "bury" them in clear with the rest of the car. That process will give the ultimate in protection.

Filmpro

Todd,
You best take the laminate version of the material you are printing on. That way you avoid problems with different shrinkage levels and plasticizer migration.
good luck

rjssigns

Just to clarify my previous post. I was referring to cast materials only. Never use calendared on a vehicle where you expect longevity.