• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Laminator Choice...for ME!

PromoGuyTy

Hoping those of you who have laminators can help...

We operate in-house with an Epson GS6000...... and source a lot of screenprinted and flatbed printed stuff...

We don't currently have a laminator, though... (we sell lots of stuff with no laminate) (cheap, 1 day use coro)...

Finally want to get one though...

We don't do any fleet graphics, or any building signage...

Average (in-house) job list might be something like this for us:

Print (24) 18x24 s/s golf sponsor signs, mount to 4mm coro
Print (2) 24x36 event sponsor signs to be used indoor- mount to 10mm coro
Print (4) vehicle mags
Print (10) indoor signs for a factory- 4'x4', mount on thin PVC
Print (100) outdoor use decals 4"x4", contour cut

With simple jobs like those above...and a budget of $1000-$8000.... what laminator would you buy?

I appreciate any responses!

Matt-Tastic

you're using the laminator to mount mostly it seems.

GFP's 255 or 463 would both be a solid investment, and would give you upgrade ability for taking on more complicated work down the road.

www.gfpartnersllc.com

you could get a used daige, but you'll hate yourself for it.

rjssigns

IIRC you can get a 65" DingTec for around $2K. There are several members that have Chinese laminators and seem to be quite happy with them.

Lots of used high-end stuff out there too. I saw a GBC Titan that went for just over $700. It was a college surplus sale.

jhd

I started out with a daige and made it work for 4 years - constant headache. I now have a seal el 54 and it was the best purchase I've made in a long time.

Ditchmiester

We just picked up a used 60" Seal 62+ that we are picking up next week. I've never used a laminator that wide I will let you know how it works out.

jkdbjj

I went with US Tech also, but the one with heat assist. 2months later I still don't have heat, as the heat coil keeps breaking during shipment. Other then that, as a Cold Unit, it has done awesome. So, I know with the heat assist it will be that much better.

Salmoneye

I have a US Tech as well and can't imagine what more I could want unless I was looking for different options than the one I have.