• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best led modules power supply?

mf11

I have been experimenting issues with led signs they started flicking (it started just one led then 2 untill they got burn) i assume is due the power supply (it is not over charged its like 80%) perhaps ac variation or simply bad and cheap power supply.
So i have been browsing and found a brand called "mean well" , have anyone used it before?

Thanks

Richard2717

Meanwell has been hit and miss here. I use France and have not had one failure. Sloan used to be nice but I got caught up in the massive failure they had years back and have not used them since. I do still use their prism led modules with good luck

MikePro

France and Sloan.
sloan got a bad wrap from a bad batch on their manufacturing-end, BUT they owned it and credited us for every single power supply we pulled and replaced.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
We have had really good luck with Mean Well, no issues and they have quite a few options for different size power supplies. Also have had good luck with the newer France power supplies.

mf11

thank you all for your replies , i dont know why people think its cheaper and better get a cheap power supply, it is too much expensive to replace it