• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best material for 12 4'x8' dibond signs

Spencer McMurtry

I sold 12 dibond signs and i was planing on using 180c with 8518 lam however this material does not lay down very nicely with the big squeegee. I am woundering what you recommend to use for these signs, i want them to last as long as possible. They will be printed with a jv3 with triangle jvs ink.

Thanks!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We use it without any problems. We also use the 160 series without problems and other RA medias. Is your BS at least 54" or bigger ??

Spencer McMurtry

i am using a 61inch model of the big squeegee, i have really good luck using oracal 3165RA or oracal 3164. However when i use 3m 180c i get winkles sometimes and i find it will leave large bubbles. It seems to me the issue with 180c is that is not a high enough initial tack. I was also thinking the 3m 180c was maybe a little to high end of a flat application.

Thanks!

stickermonkey

i am using a 61inch model of the big squeegee, i have really good luck using oracal 3165RA or oracal 3164. However when i use 3m 180c i get winkles sometimes and i find it will leave large bubbles. It seems to me the issue with 180c is that is not a high enough initial tack. I was also thinking the 3m 180c was maybe a little to high end of a flat application.

Thanks!

perhaps try post heating the way 3M would recommend on a vehicle. I know Dybond isn't the same as a vehicle surface per say...but it might work. It does take a while for the adhesive to bond, so maybe even primer before you put it on. Use what ya got is always my first choice!! lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You know, now that I think about it, we haven't used the 180 series since we got the big squeegee, so I take that back. We still use 180, but not on flat surfaces like that. We use the 160 and OraCal stuff instead and that works and holds up quite well.

stickermonkey

What about IJ35 and 8509 bundle from 3M??

It's less expensive ($412 sandwhiched) and holds up really well and also mounts really well with a laminator. I've never used a big squeegee, so not sure how it will work for that.

I have been trying Oracal films and I'm not that impressed with the feel of it. Though the prints look great. :) I'm on the fence so far. I've been primarily using 3M since I bought my printer almost 3 yrs ago.

:) good luck
Kyla

I was going order a full of vinyl plus lamination just for this project so i am open to changing brands.

Thanks!