Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best material for cinder block wall

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by HomeStadiumsScott, Jul 8, 2019.

1. I have a customer that wants to put a wall covering on a cinder block wall in his garage. I've heard that PhotoTex EXS (extra strength) will work but I'm curious to see if anyone has any better suggestions for this type of application. Please let me know if you do have another suggestion or experience with the PhotoTex EXS!

Many thanks in advance!

Tags:
  2. HulkSmash

HulkSmash Major Contributor

Sep 10, 2010
    Denver.
    3M IJ480

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. JoeDG

JoeDG Wide format trainer and creative enthusiast

Jul 16, 2018
    Bristol - UK
    Arlon do a good one too - think it was DPF8000 but used to be called 'FacadeFilm' or somehting similar, used it here:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ddarlak

ddarlak Trump Hater

granted this is on painted block wall, I put this on my shop wall a couple years ago to see how well the material would stick (DPF8000) and it hasn't lifted anywhere.

20190709_092243.jpg
    20190709_092229.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. 2CT Media

2CT Media Very Active Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Mesa, Arizona
    Our favorite is Avery 1405 but we have a latex printability issue we are working on with them.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wesley Powell

Wesley Powell Account Rep

May 29, 2018
    Lima, OH, USA
    I will agree with Coloradosigns on the 3m IJ480. It's great stuff and installs even easier with the right tools. Here is a wall that we did about six months ago at a local college

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1