• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best material for front shop deventure

Guimb0

Hi everyone,
I plan to make some building restoration next week.
I look for material i can wrap periodically. Maybe i can use omega bond stuff but i interrested to know what do you think and if you have a better idea for this poject.

At this time it look like this . We juste buy the house . :)
attachment.php

Thank's to every one replies.

Attachments

• IMG_2438.jpg
    IMG_2438.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 195

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations on buying a new home.

Do want to wrap it to look like bricks or wood or a sign shop ??

Guimb0

Yes but the house is bigger than that .
But in my last post i show you only the business part i project to use.
Is front commercial street and i want a eyes attract.

I not looking necessary brick or stone pattern but more advertising i can change over the seasons.
Like : autumn in orange, summer in green, spécial event : christmas, Halloween etc...

Thank's for you're replies!

In reference i joint hole building pics.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2374.jpg
    IMG_2374.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2375.jpg
    IMG_2375.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 136

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you're in a residential area, I doubt you'll be able to do what you want. If you're in a commercial area, I doubt you'll be able to do what you want.

You should check with codes and see what your limitations are before you go around spinning wheels for something that may not even be allowed.

A small shingle or sign out front should suffice just right. :rock-n-roll:

bernie

Nice building with lots of possibilities.
I don't know where you live but IF you need to get permission (a permit) for signs ... find out.
What are your neighbors on the commercial side of the property using?
If you're using it for your business, I think your business name and information such as your logo and leave it. If you change things every time there is a
holiday - are people going to get confused as to what you do?

Bernie

player

I would suspect the best material would be aluminum composite. Are you planning to do the whole building or just the first floor?

As far as permits, I would not ask anybody about the whole plan in the government. Just start with the siding. There cannot be too much issue with resurfacing a building. This would just be covering it with aluminum siding.

After that is done, just do your wrap and see. If it is not actual signage, but a texture wrap or something more artistic, there may not be any rules against that.

Billct2

not sure what you're allowed to do, but it would be cool to create a nice store front that delineates the shop front, yet is harmonious with the whole building. Maybe a vintage look, ala Old Montreal, with half timber, stucco & brick.

Guimb0

Yes this house have a lot of potential, Im in Québec Canada.
No i not project to wrap the whole building but only the business spaces.
I will take your comment and i will look for the city rules. After that i can took a decision.
:)