• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best material for Sponsor signs?

showcase 66

I have a middle school here that wants to add sponsor banners to their gym and signs to the football, and baseball fences.

They did this about 5 years ago and use the "plastic signs" and they want that again. I asked if it was coro but they said they didnt remember but it was plastic.

They want to leave them out for 2 years but I dont think coro will do well that long. Especially since they will be basically in the sun from sun rise to sunset. I was thinking maybe the 10mil coro but still not to sure about the longevity. Most coro I do is down in a couple of months.

I was thinking of using meshed banner but I have not used it before so I have know idea how well it will hold up.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

CanuckSigns

if you want a ridgid substrate, try Hi-Core, it'a a 10mm thick coroplast, it will last 2 years, and it's pretty inexpensive.

A banner will also last 2 years if it's installed properly.

Billct2

I'll bet the old ones were coro and that's what I'd use again. Not 10mm though, maybe 4mm.

Mosh

Coro or PVC, you can punch grommets in either. We to both those
and also offer .040 aluminum. Some sponsors will pay more knowing
they will last longer.

J

john1

Coro will last years outdoors, Don't get the bad wrap on it being cheap twisted. I have signs out there going 6 years that look good as the day they were made and they are in Ocean City, MD where salt water and all that hit them. Did some yard signs for a marina down there. One of my parents lives there and sees them everyday.

I would use Coro or High Impact Polystyrene. Both are super cheap in price and will work good. I would rather use the High Impact Polystyrene due to it not having flutes and looks a little nicer.

fresh

we just replaced coroplast faces on a sandwich board we did 6 years ago. Granted, they probably should have been replaced about 3 years ago, but c'est la vie. I'm pretty sure they will last more than two years, particularly if you laminate them 100% with printed graphics...
OR just order coroplast pre-printed from one of the merchant members. We did 18 sandwich boards with reversible coro inserts and just had someone else with a fancy pants flat bed printer make them.

J

john1

I've seen PVC crack when a baseball hits it.
Our LL uses RTG (MDO)

Old shop i worked at did about a hundred of the sponsor signs with the high impact stuff. Works great.

I like it for this kinda stuff because it comes in abuncha colors and looks cleaner then coroplast.

Mosh

If it is a full print coro would last longer... I would say it would depend on how much sun it gets, facing south or west 1-2 years, north and east 3-4 years.

showcase 66

They would be facing South. That is my biggest concern. I found out this evening that they are going to offer a package that will have their sign up for 5 years. I meet with them in the morning so I need to make sure they understand that these signs will only be good for up to 2 years. Maybe longer but only the 2 years we originally talked about, so they better have it figured out for purchasing at least 2 signs in the package deal.

Thanks for the advise.

J

john1

Could do poly metal then, WAY cheaper and is as durable as dibond.

showcase 66

I just found out this morning that they can not be metal unless there is a 1" thick rubber frame/boarder around it. The schools insurance is the one who is mandating that. The football field is used by a youth football league and soccer leagues and they dont want someone to get cut by it.

Of course the fence it is going on is chainlink with the tops twisted up so the metal is sticking up to prevent people from trying to climb over it. That seems more likely to cut someone rather than the sign.

oh well. Thanks for the input.

Deaton Design

I use coro, 4mm with grommets. Attached to the fence with zip ties. Keeps em tight and they just snip em off when they store them. Never had any problems to date. Colored coro will fade though, thats why I always use white.:)

showcase 66

Also my comment earlier about having them 5 years ago was incorrect. They tried to do them but ADOT had them take them down a week after they were up. The fence is technically on ADOT property and wouldnt allow them to have them on there. Now they have gotten permission as long as no info is not directed toward the Highway.